A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 pm
    ----
In case you missed it, there's a nice new Fairchild PT-19 for FSX SP2 being discussed in the FSX section here. Pretty groovy little bird, flies great and is a lotta fun! You can read more about it here:
com-central.net/index....mp;t=14488

It also comes with a paint kit so I thought I'd fire up the paint shop and see what kind of a mess I could make. As a result there's now a new download with 6 air-racing-inspired paint schemes plus a totally new kustom JG300 paint job for y'all. I won't go into details on the Wild Sau version just so you can have the fun of seeing it for yourself first, and I hope you like it. Wink

The download title is PT-19 Pigsty Repaints and although these are civilian-type repaints, it's originally a Military bird so I put the download in the FSX Military Props Repaint section, to get there you go to:

Downloads › Flight Simulator X › FSX Aircraft › FSX Military Aircraft › FSX Military Prop Planes › FSX Military Prop Repaints

Or just click this link HERE!

You can get the download for the original bird at various places out there on the 'net, such as flightsim.com...
flightsim.com/file.php...T-19-1.ZIP

Really NICE plane, highly recommended!

Have fun you swine!!

#2: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 pm
    ----
Nice job Stoopy. The paints are excellent (especially the JG300 pigsty ;-).

Downloaded the plane last night and what a hoot to fly.

#3: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am
    ----
Muchos Thank you's Caballero ! Cool

#4: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 pm
    ----
Downloaded the plane and the repaints, of which I think it's safe to say I'll only really be using one( Wink ), nice though the others are. Presumably I can just use the lowest number in the config file?

Did somebody say "installer"?....that would be very nice for we nervous nellie types.

I'll get the plane installed and see how the paint booth staff progresses with simplifying the process.

It looks great, though!

#5: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:41 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Downloaded the plane and the repaints, of which I think it's safe to say I'll only really be using one( Wink ), nice though the others are. Presumably I can just use the lowest number in the config file?

Did somebody say "installer"?....that would be very nice for we nervous nellie types.

Yep, you use the lowest available number in the cfg file...the stoick bird has 3 repaints that are numbered 0 to 2 at the top of each entry (fltsim.0, fltsim.1, fltsim.2). You copy the outlined contents in the readme and paste them right after the last one and then change them from fltsim.x to fltsim.3, the next entry has fltsim.x changed from fltsim.x to fltsim.4, next one gets set to fltsim.5, etc...

But I'll make ya a heck of a deal...

Since all that's standing between you and hours of endless mirth is the need to edit just the one file manually and you don't intend to install other repaints, we don't even really need an installer as opposed to just having someone email a pre-edited CFG file to you so you can pop it into the folder the same way you copy the textures in there, which I know is easy for you (and the plane doesn't have an installer either, so if you are gonna download it and fly it you have the unzip & copy thing covered, no?).

So the deal would be, why don't I just email you the pre-edited aircraft.cfg file and you copy it into the PT-19 folder after you install the stock bird and copy the new texture folders in there and hey presto, we're done... and that will free up time on my end to do a "Ascout" flavored BF109-trop (sand color) repaint just like your custom Bf109, which I'll upload and then email a second aircraft.cfg file with it added. Because I believe you'll really like this aircraft and will want to fly it a bit (it's particularly nice around the small island airstrips nears KORS).

You can even specify if you prefer cat or squirrel kill marks on the rudder. How's that grab ya?

#6: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:41 am
    ----
Well this is what I got so far. Wanted to give it that Classic Racer look. Also gonna have to look around for some JG300 logos/images, know I have some somewhere.

If anyone wants the PSP file with the Alpha for the "chromed" look let me know and I'll get it to ya.

#7: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:19 am
    ----

That is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen. Love the checkerboard rudder. Very nice work - nicely done!!!!

I'll send you the JG300 insignia that I most commonly use - 3 different kinds of pig heads that were used, and "Chili's Sau" that JG300-Chili did for us (wish he were around to see it put to use). Check your msn email account.

I'm tempted to ask for the alpha but, dang, you're doing so well with it, it's "yours". Keep runnin' with it!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm
    ----
Well done!!

#9: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:58 pm
    ----
Fr8ycat, That is SLICK..............IT looks fast. ( alot faster than the 100kt cruise) Good work Mr. Green

#10: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:29 pm
    ----
plz forward me some skins brother... best not give me your squad colors tho; might not be a good thing LOL

#11: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 pm
    ----
We been talkin' about stuff. Thanks to Bushy's suggestion there's gonna be an EZ-Installer with all the repaints (plus a few more that are being worked), the new views, an improvement for the slow pan rate in the backseat VC, and if Bushy can shmooze Tim Conrad (or maybe Milton can put in a good world for us) maybe it'll even include the base aeroplane itself if permission is given.

So hang tight because it looks like a nice little package is on the way...

#12: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 am
    ----
Boy, it would be nice if Tim could do a pt-26. All it would take is adding an enclosed canopy. I can get him some pics to go buy

#13: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:35 am
    ----
BTW The Boss made a repaint of the Commemorative Air Force, Desert Squadrons PT 26 as a PT-19

HARD TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.............. GREAT JOB BOSS

#14: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:43 am
    ----
I'm very happy you like the paint job, buddy...was a pleasure to do!

So I went for a long bike ride yesterday back in the hills, and I was picking my way down the mountain along an old fire trail made for jeeps and stuff (and in the process ended up breaking the topcase off my bike and doing a roadside repair in the rain but that's another story), when it dawned on me that something was missing...I had an image in my mind of an old beat-up army jeep, olive drab and rust and dirt and stuff... then I started thinking about the recon / liaison aircraft like the Stinson L-5 and figured that would be a cool scheme to try... hey it's an Army Air Core plane, right?

So here y'go....

And then in looking at some examples I found that it was fairly common for these birds to have names and/or nose art of some kind, and there was this Coop image I've been keeping around wanting to find an excuse to use, so...I couldn't help it she just seems to fit....

So I'm gonna call this one the last one (well OK I do have another that is done but no pix of it) and spend the rest of the week working on dirt/grunge/filth and weathering layers and get that done to include in the EZ installer. I have a start on an exhaust stain layer that you can see in the first pic. Whatcha'all think?

#15: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 am
    ----
I like it!!!!!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum