Mystery M60
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Mystery M60 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 am
    ----
One for the pundits...

More images on JED. I do believe there was also a version armed with a 165mm.

#2: Re: Mystery M60 Author: junglejim65 PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm
    ----
Big discussion on Armorama about it:
www.armorama.com/modul...815&page=1
Bottom line, it seems nobody knows for sure!

Jim

#3: Re: Mystery M60 Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:48 pm
    ----
Nice thread (even tho it moves into the usual slanging match) but there is a better one on JED in one of the restricted closed groups for military personnel only. It has a full explanation about the vehicle and even some interior shots.

#4: Re: Mystery M60 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 pm
    ----
Where was this taken?

Why do I feel like I will (hopefully) see this at AUSA in DC this week?

#5: Re: Mystery M60 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm
    ----
Should be at AUSA.

#6: Re: Mystery M60 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 am
    ----
Walked the show today and didnt see anything like it...

#7: Re: Mystery M60 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 pm
    ----
Got an answer from a GD friend of mine:

"Its an upgrade to the M60 that L3 has put together in hopes of selling a "low cost" alternative to the Abrams in International Sales, in particular Morocco or Southern Saudi where M60s are still in use."

Looks like Chris has another source that also confirmed the above, from a post on armorama.

-> AFV News Discussion Board