Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change name?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change name? Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 am
    ----
Here we go again ... not surprising, really, given the mentality at Fort Knox these days. They want to change the name of the post newspaper, "The Turret," which name it has held since the 1940s, "as part of the post's overall rebranding efforts to identify more closely with the Fort Knox of today."

You can go online and express your thoughts (and any recommendations for a new name, or just leave it alone, whatever) in this survey:

www.zoomerang.com/Surv...5RBDX4G9/.

The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Oct. 6.

It doesn't take a Nostradamus to predict that next will be the buildings and streets named after US Armor/Cavalry leaders and units ...

Geoff Walden

#2: Re: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change name? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
    ----
.... How about 'The Daily REMF'..... (!?)

I'm just saying....

Amazing,.....don't 'they' have ANYTHING else to worry about?

Don

#3: Re: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change na Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 pm
    ----
"Rebranding". Someone has to justify his/her existence by leaving some sort of signature on their tenure of command at some level.

"Tradition", in the new army, implies some sort of malaise or inability to adapt, so it's necessary to rename everything. "Soldiers" are not good enough, so they have to be "warriors" or "warfighters" or something, which must really leave finance clerks with a sense of identity loss.

#4: Re: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change na Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 am
    ----
.... How about 'The Daily REMF'..... (!?)

That was my first thought when reading Geoff's post before seeing yours.

#5: Re: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change na Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 pm
    ----
An unpopular opinion...

But Fort Belvoir's newspaper hasnt been "The Engineer" in decades... Just sayin...

Neil

PS: Yes I am still alive - just pretty busy with work & married life Wink

#6: Re: Survey - Should "The Turret" Ft Knox newspaper change name? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm
    ----
Well, they've already renamed housing areas named after armor soldiers of the past. Rose Terrace (named after 3AD Cdr Gen Rose) was torn down and renamed as well as Van Voorhis (V Corps Cdr) housing area. I believe they are named Oak Ridge and Maple Grove or Park.

-> AFV News Discussion Board