Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 pm
    ----
Posted on Facebook - any ideas?

www.facebook.com/photo...mp;theater

"Does anyone know what this variant of the Bradley is? It appears to be a prototype electronic warfare or C3 vehicle. It appears to have not moved since 1995. FMC use to test vehicles at Camp Roberts."

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 am
    ----
It might be the M2A0 AMEV (Armored Medical Evacuation Vehicle). I could only find two poor quality photos of it online, but it does look similar. Rick

#3: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:23 am
    ----
Not tall enough for the AMEV

#4: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 am
    ----
Besides not being tall enough (that photo sure is familiar...), the time date is wrong.

This appears to be a total prototype. That front deck mount looks like something a mortar baseplate would mount on.

I'm wondering what the top deck area looks like, perhaps that might clue in on what it was built / tested for.

On another Subject, well sorta...

What ever happened to the late 90's tested C2V's? 4th ID tested the 'Command & Control Vehicle' (C2V) as part of the 'Force XXI' testing at Ft Hood. THAT was a cool vehicle, based off the MLRS chassis.

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 am
    ----
There seem to be several 'Radiation Hazard' (If I remember my safety decals correctly) on each rear quarter Which would make sense for an EW vehicle

#6: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:45 am
    ----
...or its a bit 'hot' and the photographer might want to get check out......lol

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:48 am
    ----
No that wasn't that kind of Radiation, just RF radiation Mr. Green

#8: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 am
    ----
Was the ADATS on a bradley chassis? That would have had the RF warnings.....just a SWAG....

Regards
Don

#9: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
Don,
The C2Vs were used by V Corps during the drive to Baghdad in 2003 - after that, who knows...

And ADATS was put on an M109 chassis of all things, not Bradley (have a Boeing Aerospace poster of it).

Neil

#10: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 pm
    ----
I'm currently awaiting an answer from a contact at BAE Systems regarding this vehicle.

#11: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

And ADATS was put on an M109 chassis of all things, not Bradley (have a Boeing Aerospace poster of it).

Neil

#12: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:17 am
    ----
Thanks Jim

Thats the version I was thinking of, but obviously pre-dates the mystery Bradley.

Regards
Don

#13: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 am
    ----

No, that was the U.S. version of the Roland that was supposed to mount on a modified M109 chassis. They ended up on 5 ton trucks and were used by the NMARNG.

#14: Re: Unknown Bradley Variant at Camp Roberts Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:09 am
    ----
Doh, thanks for the correction - I mixed up the ADATS and Roland...

-> AFV News Discussion Board