my sons first guitar recital
-> Officer's Club

#1: my sons first guitar recital Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:07 am
    ----
A classic Christmas piece...

Pachelbel Canon - in D

#2: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:37 am
    ----
That was GOOD.. I wish I could play the guitar. Tell him to keep it up. He will put smiles on peoples face with the music he plays

#3: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 am
    ----
Very good Slow.
That boy deserves a Father who truly appreciates his talent and has a Les Paul Standard set aside for Christmas.
(Man, I should get a Gibson Sales contract!)
Wink

Don't know if this might be of any help to him, but I found this guy (Justin Sandercoe) on YouTube during the week.
Very talented professional guitar player / teacher, who's posted a lot of free tutorials online.
The content varies from beginner up to quite advanced techniques.
I've picked up a lot and been making good use of him since finding it.

Edit; Justin's and Aussie, based in London, who likes red squirrels and thus comes with the highest pedigree.
He teaches at the Guitar Institute.
Covers loads of different styles.
One-Stop shop.
Heck! You could even learn sump'n yourself Slow.
Razz

#4: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:09 pm
    ----
Most excellent!

Great stuff there, huge accomplishment to get through the whole piece standing up in front of an audience! Bravo to your son!

Now make the most of it and get some Ventures and Dick Dale songs in front of him ASAP! Mr. Green

#5: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Most excellent!

Great stuff there, huge accomplishment to get through the whole piece standing up in front of an audience! Bravo to your son!

Now make the most of it and get some Ventures and Dick Dale songs in front of him ASAP! Mr. Green

The "Del Quads" need a front man with more energy anyway!

#6: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 pm
    ----
Looking good Slowy Cool

#7: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 am
    ----
-S-

Very nice Slow..looks like your son has talent and a future..congrads..!!

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#8: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:35 am
    ----
okay, an update... this time Bryans teacher explaining perfect pitch with Bryan.

Perfect Pitch

#9: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:07 am
    ----
Woah.
That's cool.
I can tell when a string's in perfect tune but I couldn't tell you what a note is without looking.

#10: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 am
    ----
That's cool indeed! I'm not gifted with that either and that truly is a gift! A popular entertainer with that ability is Marie Osmond. Wink

#11: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:11 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
A popular entertainer with that ability is Marie Osmond.
Although not necessarilly the only reason she's popular.
Wink

#12: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm
    ----
impressive to say the least Cool

#13: Re: my sons first guitar recital Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 am
    ----
Excellent, very cool!

-> Officer's Club