What's the turret on that Matilda tank?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm
    ----

#2: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 pm
    ----
Well the turret is from an LVT(A)5 but somewhere along the way it appears to have gained a fake mantlet/gun and an M113 cupola?

#3: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 pm
    ----
Very interesting lashup. My 2 Euro cents for the gun: If it's not a pipe, it could be a 76mm gun from a Saladin AC or a 3" howitzer from a Matilda CS.
Also, the Aussies really seem to have a penchant for kitbashing Matildas with other AFVs. Not too long ago, on the fotocommunity.de site, I found another picture of a Matilda, this time with a Staghound turret and a length of pipe for a gun.

#4: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

From a model builder's view point, add two new possibles for a Matilda build.
Interesting!

Sgt, Scouts out!

#5: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:56 am
    ----
Any info on where the first Matilda with the LVT turret is located?

#6: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm
    ----
- rynoki
Any info on where the first Matilda with the LVT turret is located?

that's also what I'm looking for.

P-O

#7: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm
    ----
Dear Friends,
photo Australian Matilda tank & LVT (A) tower, posted Mr. "digger 67" of Flickr, with the text: "tank road side".

Source:
www.flickr.com/photos/61643554@N06/

#8: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:20 am
    ----
How do you contact the owner of the pics if you are not a member of flickr?

#9: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 am
    ----
I guess you want to learn about the location? I'll take care of it for you.

#10: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 am
    ----
- Costas_TT
I guess you want to learn about the location? I'll take care of it for you.

Thanks Costas,
Yes, location would be good. It might be in visiting distance. Smile

#11: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 am
    ----
You're welcome. If he doesn't reply to the comment, I'll just send him a private message.

#12: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 pm
    ----
Somewhat larger version of the Stagtilda pic:
view.stern.de/de/origi...5693.html?

#13: Re: What's the turret on that Matilda tank? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am
    ----
One more of the Stagtilda:

-> AFV News Discussion Board