Photo Gallery - US Army Field Artillery Museum - Fort Sill
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Photo Gallery - US Army Field Artillery Museum - Fort Sill Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:45 am
    ----
Hey all -

We’ve added a huge gallery of 612 photos from the:

US Army Field Artillery Museum at Fort Sill, OK

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...924_Dztwvp

The collection is HUGE !!!! - Mrs VB and I were literally running around to get photos of everything in the time we had. Plan at least a full day to do the museum and grounds. Make it 2 days if you want to see the museum without jogging, and/or have time to visit any of the other historic areas on Fort Sill.

G12 GMC

German 10 cm Kanone 04 (Krupp)

Italian Semovente da 149-40 su M 14

MGM-29A Sergeant Missile

I’ve posted to both the AFV forum and Artillery forum as the museum pertains to both.

Enjoy!
VB

#2: Re: Photo Gallery - US Army Field Artillery Museum - Fort Si Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 am
    ----
here is a message that I received today :

"Greetings Pierre-Oliver,
Here a couple of updates for you from the US Army Artillery Museum, Fort Sill, OK.
1. The M40 155mm GMC that was restored by the Paint Shop and was sitting behind the museum has been moved onto its pad in Artillery Park. It sits on the same pad as the Italian M149mm SP.
2. The M43, previously at the 1st Cavalry Division Museum, Fort Hood, TX arrived about a week ago. It sits in the "auxiliary" parking lots behind the museum and is accessible to visitors. I now have all three of the US heavy SP guns of WWII, the M12, M40 and M43.
Thanks,
Gordon Blaker
Director/Curator
US Army Artillery Museum"

P-O

-> Artillery Forum