George Bradford here ...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: George Bradford here ... Author: George_BradfordLocation: Cambridge, Ontario PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone;

It has been some time since I posted on this site, but time seems to heal all wounds and I am now here to say thanks for keeping the site alive.
AFV News is no more. It simply went under from numerous causes, one being the dearth of material now featured freely on the web.
I have barely been able to keep abreast of these new technologies, and now leave the hi-tech housekeeping to others.
Lately my original email address was compromised, so that I now have a new one:- gbradford777 @ gmail.com - if anyone wishes to contact me.

All the best

George Bradford

#2: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm
    ----
Hi George!

Good to hear from you again! A lot of us had been wondering if something had happied to you.

Thanks for the status report on AFV News. Sorry to hear that, but I understand the problem.

Good to have you back Sir!
Sgt, Scouts out!

#3: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 am
    ----
Mr. Bradford,

Glad to see you posting again. As for AFV News, you ran a first class publication and your decision to close shop instead of putting out something second rate is to be commended. I will always continue to rely on the printed issues as main points of reference in any armor discussions.

Charles Begnaud

#4: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 am
    ----
Well, as they say, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that you're still with us. The bad news is that the AFV News publication is gone for pretty much the same basic reasons that I find it more and more difficult to find a decent book or record store. Sad

This DG has, at least, never forgotten it's origins and has grown considerably with regard to features offered thanks to the efforts of numerous members. We do operate a download section and pdf's on vehicle collections, etc. linkable from the sticky threads for articles and items of interest. You can always submit any project you'd like to share and we can both host and offer it to registered members for free. If you need any help with uploading, the moderators and admins here can help sort it out. Alas, it is not remunerative, but that's not to say there are no rewards. Sharing is about the best we can do, but as it's all among friends, virtual and real. At least we help keep the enthusiasts interested...and in an uncommonly cordial setting.

BTW, we expanded a bit and an artillery forum took form as well. In case you've never seen it, it's here:

www.com-central.net/in...forum&f=86

Welcome back...and don't be a stranger!

Doug

#5: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:32 am
    ----
George glad to hear from you. I hope you view the group here as the outgrowth of what you started and that we would not have the forum here if you had not blazed the way. As the others said Please don't be a stranger Welcome Back

#6: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 am
    ----
You have done heroic work over the years. Technology has overtaken printed material in many fields. Time has accellerated the effect on information. You did your best, and we thank you.

#7: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:55 pm
    ----
George,

It's great to see you posting! I remember "the old days" when AFV News WAS the cutting edge for the military vehicle fan and modeler. I'm sorry to see the old newsletter gone, but I'm glad you are still in there kicking. Keep enjoying the hobby and have fun with it Smile

Gary B

#8: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:05 pm
    ----
George,

Hope all is well, nice to see ya post.

Anthony

#9: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:31 pm
    ----
Hi George,

Great to hear from you! I am also sorry to see "AFV News" go, but I will treasure my collection of issues from the past 35 years (wow - I didn't realize it had been that long!)

Geoff

#10: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm
    ----
George,
Good to hear from you. I hope that we can keep AFV News and the AFV Association alive in a virtual sense on this forum and our electronic publications.

Neil

#11: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: boeman PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm
    ----
Welcome back George.

Is there any possibility that you will one day consider making available some of the scale drawings for which you are famous for in a vector file format?

#12: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: George_BradfordLocation: Cambridge, Ontario PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 pm
    ----
They are already available as vector files, but not at the $2.00 price.

George R. Bradford

#13: Re: George Bradford here ... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 pm
    ----
Welcome George, great to hear from you again Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board