Evolution of a JG300 gearhead....
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:54 pm
    ----
"SEE!....the junior Stoopy being hassled by "The Man"!

"CRINGE"...at how Stoopy sneers at authority and revels in a bad haircut!

"CRY"... as Stoopy loses his first big race and nearly his girl!

"THRILL"...as Stoopy discovers the speed-imparting properties of the dollar!

"CHEER"...at Stoopy's final seduction by a glory-winning drive at Santa Ana!

A Pig Sty production starring Melvin Potts as JG300-Stoopy and Thera Ward as Heidi. Filmed entirely on location in Anytown USA in glorious Black & Whiteâ„¢

"RoadRunners"

#2: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 pm
    ----
I'm still wondering if I shouldn't have tried a little harder to bribe that patrolman...

WAY COOL if ya ask me! Great early shots of SCTA gatherings, loved the chopped 3-window coupe at the Santa Ana strip!

"Co-Sponsored by Mission Beverages" I'm betting ...loved the not-so-obviously-snuck-in endorsement at 7:45. And I think the frumpy timing official had a little somethin' extra in his cup..."Damn kids, when can I get out of this heat and dust and change out of this searsucker suit". Smile

#3: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm
    ----
How's this for kicks... the Road Runners club is even still active....

www.ussarcherfish.com/roadrunners/

#4: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
How's this for kicks... the Road Runners club is even still active....

www.ussarcherfish.com/roadrunners/

Apparently, Mel didn't make it to the ranks of "club officers"l Wink

#5: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:31 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I think he went on to become one of the "engineers of tomorrow who will use what they learn to make improvements to your car and mine". Unfortunately it looks like the Family Belly Tank Car concept never got off the ground... Wink

#6: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

I think he went on to become one of the "engineers of tomorrow who will use what they learn to make improvements to your car and mine". Unfortunately it looks like the Family Belly Tank Car concept never got off the ground... Wink

And it was just the car we needed during the Arab Oil Embargo of the mid-'70's and didn't have (and might well need again). Sadly, the same thing could be said for the Corvair, which was lost to the ignorance of a gadfly lawyer who had no concept governing the handling of rear-engined cars. Evil or Very Mad

#7: Re: Evolution of a JG300 gearhead.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

And it was just the car we needed during the Arab Oil Embargo of the mid-'70's and didn't have (and might well need again). Sadly, the same thing could be said for the Corvair, which was lost to the ignorance of a gadfly lawyer who had no concept governing the handling of rear-engined cars. Evil or Very Mad

True. The front end of the Corvair lifting off the ground was just proof that it had natural aerodynamic potential and wanted to be further developed into a flying car. Sadly, this was not recognized for what it was and a potential game-changer was needlessly vilified.

Sounds like we owe it to America to use our superior knowledge and keen analytic ability to create an efficient and reliable vehicle to carry forward into the next decade - a 4-seater, rear-engine belly tanker with trustworthy SOHC cam V8 powerplant and Hillborn fuel injection for efficiency. Just the thing to bring the nation out of it's Prius-commuting doldrums. "Got your hybrid hangin' right here pal".

We can round out the product line with a retro repop Willys gasser to compete with the Lexus crowd, and a refreshed Henry J with SRT8 Hemi power aimed at the commuter market. We need to do our part for future generations! Razz

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum