Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm
    ----
Hey AFV and Artillery guys - (and especially Neil B - LOL)

We’ve added a gallery of photos from the Watervliet Arsenal Museum in Waterlviet, NY.
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...319_Jk6Rr7

Lots of artillery stuff as one would expect, some very well done AFV models and a really cool turn of the century restored and working machine shop. Its a fascinating place - built near the site of the original Erie canal.

Some greatest hits…..

1930’s Skoda 100mm - Model 30

Krupp M1861 8cm Rifled BL Field Cannon on M1866 Carriage

Prototype Autoloader for M551 Sheridan

This rare critter - ADATS Simulator XM60S-4

Anyone have info on the ADATS Simulator XM60S-4?
I googled and got exactly ONE entry - never seen that on a Google search!!!!

Enjoy!
The VBs

#2: Re: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 pm
    ----
Thanks fot posting VB! You might also want to post this on the Artillery forum.

As for #11, dont suppose you have a rear shot that shows that bronze plate on the breech?

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 am
    ----
Now I'm not so certain about #11, although I think I have seen one before - whatever it is.

#4: Re: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:10 pm
    ----
Dear Colleague,
thank you for the beautiful photos 100 mm howitzer Skoda. I have a question, under what conditions can be obtained from the original size photos?

Yours faithfully, Jiri

#5: Re: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 pm
    ----
Is it known for certain that the autoloader was for the m551 and not the M6BT 70? One of Don's and my contacts who served on the duration of the M551 project speculates that this might be the case. Even for a prototype, it's very big. If it's labeled by the museum as an M551 bit, could this be an error?...not like that's never happened before.

#6: Re: Watervleit Arsenal Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:38 pm
    ----
Neil -

I spoke recently with the museum curator of the Watervliet Arsenal Museum and he said that the museum collection never had an M4.

Also he kindly ID'd the "Mystery piece" for me and sent along 2 photos of the plate. I've added them to the photo gallery.

Doug - I asked him about the autoloader prototype and he stated that he was told it was for the M551.

Cheers,
VB

-> AFV News Discussion Board