Preserved Tanks in Poland
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 am
    ----
My Polish friend Rafał is making another trip back to Poland to get some more tank pictures for me, so it has prompted me to 'tidy up' the Poland part of PreservedTanks.com. It was one of the earliest parts to go online and I have since expanded the format, particularly to provide more information and photographs of the locations rather than just the tanks. This is it after the new housekeeping, with all locations 'finished off' and double checked:

Preserved Tanks in Poland

Tank Factories in Poland

The exception is the museum at Poznan (previously the officers' school). It looks like I barely started that last time, so I've got a lot more work to do on that one.

Polar - your Poland register was useful for my checking. However, I think I've found a T-34 new to both of us - see what you think:
www.muzeumniepodleglos...&pid=5

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 am
    ----
Trevor

I go to Poland every year for 5 weeks, hunting down vehicles that are all over the place, will track down some of my photos for you.

Anthony

#3: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm
    ----
recceboy - that would be great, much appreciated!

#4: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm
    ----
I've now written up the Muzeum Broni Pancernej at Poznan - I've added 11 tanks to the old list, plus about 60 photos:

Location ID 16100: Muzeum Broni Pancernej, Poznan

#5: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:11 am
    ----
The first of the completely new locations is done, the Soviet military cemetary at Wroclaw (Breslau):

Location ID 16200: Oficerów Armii Czerwonej, Wroclaw

It also takes me through another small milestone, with over 100 T34-85s now in the database, the most for any one model of tank:

Type ID 2400: T-34-85

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:10 pm
    ----
Next the open air exhibition at Jalenia Gora - it adds the first Kub to the database:

Location ID 16210: Skansen Uzbrojenia Wojska Polskiego, Jelenia Góra

#7: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:41 pm
    ----
Typical 'T34 on plinth' at Scinawa:

Location ID 16215: Rynek, Scinawa

#8: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 am
    ----
A T34 at Pleszew - I've been able to find out very little about it, so any information would be appreciated:

Location ID 16130: Pleszew

#9: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:34 pm
    ----
Another T34 and what looks like a T55 adapted for firefighting, on the premises of a haulage company:

Location ID 16125: Koslom, Wrzesnia

#10: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm
    ----
AFAIK know the Leopard 1 marked as A4 in Warsaw is a Leopard 1A1A2 (PZB-200) or a Leopard 1A1A3 (SEM 80/90 digital radio's). Definitively not a Leopard 1A4 as mentioned on the sign in front of it.

Regards,
Lesley

#11: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
AFAIK know the Leopard 1 marked as A4 in Warsaw is a Leopard 1A1A2 (PZB-200) or a Leopard 1A1A3 (SEM 80/90 digital radio's). Definitively not a Leopard 1A4 as mentioned on the sign in front of it.

Regards,
Lesley

Thanks, Lesley, I'll get to that and the comments in your email. I'm off to Norway on business tomorrow, though, so progress will slow down for a while.

Meanwhile, I've done Zagan, including the first M36B1 in the database:

Location ID 16405: Centrum Tradycji Polskich Wojsk Pancernych, Żagań

M36B1, 2xT34, T55, T72

#12: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 pm
    ----
Location ID 16135: Muzeum Ziemi Grodziskiej, Grodzisk Wielkopolski

PT-76, OT-62 TOPAS 2AP

#13: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm
    ----
Location ID 16040: Polskiej Organizacji Wojskowej, Legionowo

#14: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- L.Delsing

Regards,
Lesley

Thanks, Lesley, I'll get to that and the comments in your email. I'm off to Norway on business tomorrow, though, so progress will slow down for a while.

I'm back from Norway. Lesley, I've added the serial numbers and other info from your email for the tanks in Poland. I've sent you an email with the details - let me know if it hasn't arrived as I'm having some email problems.

Meanwhile, I'm back to working on other preserved tanks around Poland.

Location ID 16420: T-34-85, Kunowice

Location ID 16425: PT-76, Lubrzwa

Location ID 16085: T-34-85, Sokołów Podlaski

#15: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm
    ----
More Polish-built T-34-85s:

Location ID 16080: Pomnik Bohaterów, Różan

Location ID 16090: Liberation Monument, Wołomin

Google's map coverage in Poland is pretty poor, but there is unusually a streetview of the last one:
maps.google.com/maps?h....3,,0,0.35

-> AFV News Discussion Board