Preserved Tanks in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 pm
    ----
Now, coverage of the work of the Kęszyccy Brothers, leading lights in armoured vehicle collecting in Poland - first their original premises:

Location ID 16030: Muzeum Zabytków Techniki Wojskowej, Jabłonna

and their 'shiny' new premises, having bought up a defunct rocket base:

Location ID 16035: Panzer Farm, Chrcynno

#17: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:58 pm
    ----
Writing up Panzer Farm led me to work on two private collections. I don't have any photos from Ralph for them, but they contain unique Polish vehicles (TK-3, C2P, TKS) so I felt it was important to cover them:

Location ID 16025: Rudnicki Collection

Location ID 16300: Kopczynskiego Collection

If anyone information on them (including confirmed locations) and/or photographs of the vehicles that would be much appreciated.

#18: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 pm
    ----
hello,

the M4A1(76) from the Panzer farm seems to be in WW2 configuration. From what I can see, it apparently didn't have the 1950s MDAP upgrades that are detailed there :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/mdap/mdap_tanks.html

P-O

#19: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 pm
    ----
That's interesting, P-O, thanks - I've added a note and link to its profile page. I have also added a link to a discussion of it in Polish which I hoped might give some information on where it came from, but it gets mangled by Google translate (perhaps one of our Polish members could help):

odkrywca.pl/sherman-do...69614.html

BTW, I've also added a video of Panzer-Farm to the main Panzer-Farm page (the Sherman is only in it very briefly):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ03c8VqqeI

Meanwhile I've written up the last of the Poland locations for which Ralph has provided photos:

Location ID 16050: Muzeum Motoryzacji i Techniki, Otrębusy

5 x T-34-85

#20: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I've added a note and link to its profile page. I have also added a link to a discussion of it in Polish which I hoped might give some information on where it came from

this photo may indicate that the M4A1 comes from the same location than the Comet : South Africa

I doubt that there are any palm-tree in Poland..

P-O

#21: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 pm
    ----
Good point!

#22: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm
    ----
Smile thanks

#23: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 pm
    ----
the information that the Comet comes from South Africa is from Rafal Bialecki, so I think that there are great chances that the M3A1 Stuart and the M4A1 Sherman were bought at the same place.

P-O

#24: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
the information that the Comet comes from South Africa is from Rafal Bialecki, so I think that there are great chances that the M3A1 Stuart and the M4A1 Sherman were bought at the same place.

P-O

Thanks, that's a good lead, I'll update the entries for those vehicles.

BTW, in your surviving Comets register you are missing quite a few photo's of Comets in South Africe - did you have a look through my Preserved Tanks in South Africa booklet? I think it might have some missing pictures. Also, I have one of a Comet at Saxonwold which you don't list, though it may be out of date.

As it happens, my list has a Comet, Stuart and M4A1 together at Salvokop, so maybe they all came from there.

#25: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
As it happens, my list has a Comet, Stuart and M4A1 together at Salvokop, so maybe they all came from there.

Scratch that - it looks like Panzer Farm has bought up this collection at Loxton, the vehicles match exactly (see halfway down page):

www.advrider.com/forum...p?t=340622

Also more here (3/4 down page):

www.saforums.co.za/rlt...pic=4208.0

#26: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:52 pm
    ----
I've done some more research and written up Loxton, my first online entry for South Africa:

Preserved Tanks In South Africa

I've linked in the tanks there to the ones at Panzer Farm, though it looks like that still leaves one Stuart in Loxton. This reminds me I must get around to putting my Preserved Tanks In South Africa book online, but it will have to wait for now (there's a link above if anyone wants a copy).

Meanwhile, as I bring my work on Poland to a close, I've moved on to writing up the various tank factories there (to provide 'previous locations' for the various tanks built there). I had written up FAMO and Ostbau before, but this time I was able to find exact locations for them:

Location ID 16230: FAMO, Wroclaw

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/Locations/Poland/16230-Fahrzeug-%20und%20Motoren-Werke%20%28FAMO%29%20GmbH/StreetView_FAMO_Wroclaw_Google_c.jpg[/img]

Location ID 16410: Ostbau Werke

#27: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 am
    ----
Next I wrote up two Polish (as opposed to German in Poland) tank factories:

Location ID 16045: Panstwowe Zaklady Inzynieryjne, Ursus, Warsaw

- manufacturer of TK, TKS, 7TP.

Location ID 16730: Zaklady Mechaniczne Bumar-Labedy SA

- post-war manufacturer of T-34-85, T-55, T-72

#28: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Meanwhile I've written up the last of the Poland locations for which Ralph has provided photos:

Location ID 16050: Muzeum Motoryzacji i Techniki, Otrębusy

Actually I had missed one, which I've now written up - there were no tanks when Ralph visited, but there's now a T34 there.

Location ID 16320: Skansenie Rzeki Pilicy, Tomaszów Mazowiecki

This brings my current work on Preserved Tanks in Poland to a close. I'll return to it after I get more photo's from Ralph. In the meantime I'm going to return to my previous work/projects on tanks in Netherland, UK and Brazil. I'll also work on loose ends, things I've been pushing back while working on Poland, so if you've sent me stuff and it hasn't been acknowledged then I'll be getting to it soon.

#29: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: sil3ntLocation: Poznan, Poland PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 am
    ----
Pantherturm was moved from Czarne to Świnoujście

#30: Re: Preserved Tanks in Poland Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 am
    ----
Pantherturm is now at Fort Gerhard, Świnoujście (Poland)

zp.pl/Pantherturm_juz_...ualnosc_44

-> AFV News Discussion Board