Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:33 pm
    ----
Add to the list a Tiger hull. Listed as FMCV50, which is an empty folder in the museum's inactive files I previously went through.

#32: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:45 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- Dontos
- Neil_Baumgardner
Oh yeah, and not 1 but 2 BergePanthers...

Neil

I wonder if that 2nd one was the mysterious Ft Knox 'Bergpanther' that arrived here in Dec 46 along with all the other 'core' vehicles.

Guess I need to follow up on some possible leads out on the ranges....

Regards
Don

Yeah, I'm curious about the second King Tiger...

To whatever extent Patton Museum's history of the King Tiger is based on the Ordnance Museum's info, including chassis number, where & when it was captured - it may not be correct.

I can only wonder if the museum's first King Tiger was destroyed in testing...

Neil

On this point, another page - which does not have on-hand quantities, just the item name and catalog number - lists FMCV93A (FMCV93 was the Patton Museum's King Tiger):

"Parts, for Tiger, Model 'B' Tank (consisting of assembly, bogie wheel; crankarm suspension; rear idler; sprocket drive)"

I can only wonder if FMCV93A is what was "left" of the "other" of the two FMCV93 King Tigers, after testing...

Neil

#33: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:26 pm
    ----
Next mystery:

FMCV188 "Turret, tank, multiple mount, A/A gun (experimental) 1042/2"

#34: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:59 pm
    ----
Did the Patton Museum's Type 95 Ha-Go come from APG?

FMCV46, the museum's example, lists 3 On-Hand.

I also found another one listed under FMCV73.

Neil

#35: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:09 pm
    ----
Another tidbit, it appears the Ordnance Museum's R-35 was captured from Italian forces.

It is listed as "Tank, Light Renault R-35 (French)" with the Nationality column marked "Ita" with other Italian vehicles.

Here's my photos of it
smg.photobucket.com/al...odel%20ZM/

Neil

#36: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:11 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Next mystery:

FMCV188 "Turret, tank, multiple mount, A/A gun (experimental) 1042/2"

How about the turret for a Panther Coelian or a Kugelblitz?
I think the latter is the most likely, as the Coelian didn't appear to be more than a wooden mock-up.

#37: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:31 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Another tidbit, it appears the Ordnance Museum's R-35 was captured from Italian forces.

The Italian Army used captured R-35 is in Sicily. Among other places they were used in and around Gela. There was a pretty famous episode of a valiant attack by italian R-35s. There are quite a few good pictures of them usually labeled as coming from NARA.

Massimo

#38: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:05 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

I'm not sure where it came from. I believe it is one of the older core vehicles which would indicate it did.

Regards
Don

#39: Re: Transcribing 1945 Ordnance Museum Inventory - Help Needed Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

I'm not sure where it came from. I believe it is one of the older core vehicles which would indicate it did.

Regards
Don

It was at the old museum on Old Ironsides in the mid to late 60s with the remnants of its, I presume, original paint.

www.armorfortheages.com/Type97

Garry

-> AFV News Discussion Board