There is a time and place for everything
-> Officer's Club

#1: There is a time and place for everything Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 am
    ----
And this is it!

Chelsea fans across the world are celebrating their team's historic Champions League win, as a victory parade in west London is planned.

Hordes of jubilant supporters are expected to salute their heroes during an open-top bus parade after the dramatic victory over Bayern Munich.

The procession is due to start from Stamford Bridge at 16:00 BST.

It comes less than 24 hours after the Blues won 4-3 on penalties at Bayern Munich's home ground in Germany.

Bayern had looked on course to win their fifth European Cup when they scored late in the game to give them a 1-0 lead.

But Didier Drogba equalised from a corner in the 88th minute to take the match into extra time.

A penalty by Bayern's Dutch winger Arjen Robben was later saved by Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, leaving the final to be decided in a shootout.

As well as the Champions League trophy - the first time it has ever been won by Chelsea or any London club - the players, management and staff of Chelsea will show off the FA Cup during the parade.

The Blues beat Liverpool 2-1 at Wembley on 5 May to clinch that silverware.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...n-18135921

#2: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 pm
    ----
Congrats and Go Blue! (as we say in Michigan)... are you a Sauber fan too>

#3: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 pm
    ----
congrats, didn't know tree rats played what you call football Smile

#4: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
are you a Sauber fan too>
No, I don't understand why a sports team would want to sponsor.., a sports team.

Luckily, I live five minutes up the road from Team McLaren's base in Woking U.K. so I am legally allowed to follow their progress.

#5: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:42 pm
    ----
remember to cheer Button on

(Yes my family name is Button with a Knight (Sir John Button of Bitton - you figure it out) and a Bishop (of Bath) but do not worry - this yank will not come back and "Lord over you; Shades LOL

Slowy

#6: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    ----
I watched the game live,thought you guys were done as did the commentators till about a minute left,then I thought you guys were done again when you got behind in the shootout,it was a fun game to watch,well done.

#7: Re: There is a time and place for everything Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:56 pm
    ----
Slow!
I'm havin' ya name listed at all our ports, just in case!

I did too Dan.
Couldn't get near the t.v. so many people were watching at the bar so I only knew how we were doing by the shouts of the rest of the demm bar!

-> Officer's Club