English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:50 pm
    ----
Hi folks,
Today on English Russia site are posted some new photos of the "Stalin Line" Museum in Minsk, Belarus. Various Russian vehicles are displayed, from World war 2 to near present time. If you have a few minutes it's worth a look. Titled: Traces of the War in Minsk. I'd post some photos here, but they were taken by Nah-Valuyco. Is this display documented anywhere?

Another interesting source of photos or footage from Aberdeen and older conflicts (Korea, Vietnam) is youtube.com. There are many recently released films from "The Big Picture and "Combat Bulletin" which have extensive footage of armored vehicles. These are PAO type news reels released by PublicResourceorg. Try "Testing at Aberdeen" very good views of the test courses there and various prototype testing.
Rick

#2: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:40 am
    ----
Can you provide a link?

#3: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 am
    ----
http://englishrussia.com/2012/05/18/traces-of-the-war-in-minsk/

#4: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Very interesting site!
Thank you!

Sgt, Scouts out!

#5: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 am
    ----

#6: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:56 am
    ----
Did I see a T44?, must be one of the rarest tanks around!

#7: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 am
    ----
Sure looks like a T44.

#8: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 am
    ----
I think it's a T44. Notice the Engineer variety of vehicles too. There are ditch diggers, amphibians, and pontoon bridges. Nice selection in that museum!

#9: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:46 am
    ----
Not only is it a T-44, but it also has the original track (most were rebuilt with T-54 tracks and starfish roadwheels) and the roadwheels are the pressed dish type instead of the more commonly seen cast spiderweb type.

#10: Re: English Russia Site. "Traces of the War in Minsk" Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:46 am
    ----
I think T-44 is one of the most beautiful tank in history. But I never managed to see one in person Sad

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board