A VERY special Friday night...
-> Officer's Club

#1: A VERY special Friday night... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:40 pm
    ----
...like a confluence of the stars...or planet alignment, or a coronal mass ejection...maybe all three. In just a 4-5 hour period we had TWO Roger Corman masterpieces ("The Pit and the Pendulum" and "Carnasaur") air back-to-back and the whole evening topped off by "C.H.U.D." (which remains to this day as John Heard and John Goodman's zeniths of material).

What a beginning to Memorial Day weekend, eh? I mean, WHAT MORE could you ask for?!

#2: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:22 am
    ----
tree rat kabobs as a snack

#3: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:02 am
    ----
Roger Corman?
I thought 'The Pit And The Pendulum' was Poe.

#4: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 pm
    ----
- Shades
Roger Corman?

Roger Corman built an entire career by slaying and committing for all eternity various Poe classics to celluloid. See "House of Usher", "Maskque of the Red Death", "Premature Burial" (the highlight of Ray Milland's career for sure). In all he did eight Poe tales.

Horror takes two forms....Poe's vision and Corman's interpretation. :l

#5: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- Shades
Roger Corman?

Roger Corman built an entire career by slaying and committing for all eternity various Poe classics to celluloid. See "House of Usher", "Maskque of the Red Death", "Premature Burial" (the highlight of Ray Milland's career for sure). In all he did eight Poe tales.

Horror takes two forms....Poe's vision and Corman's interpretation. :l

not to mention starting the careers of a couple of "A" list actors and directors. Think "Hammer Studios" with lower budgets Shades

#6: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm
    ----
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hammer Studios The English Hollywood.

#7: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:42 pm
    ----
-S-

@ Ascout....WHAT MORE could you ask for?!

Free ammo and good grass..!!, then we'll talk women.

Hammer

#8: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

@ Ascout....WHAT MORE could you ask for?!

Free ammo and good grass..!!, then we'll talk women.

Hammer

Well, I did get to go out and shoot a skwirrel in the grass before showtime (Remington 7.5 birdshot), so while no wimmin' showed up for the viewing, it was till a pretty good evening. Laughing

#9: Re: A VERY special Friday night... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:07 pm
    ----
"In the grass"?!?!?!
There's a couple consonants too many there ya sob!

-> Officer's Club