do the Brits speak English?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: do the Brits speak English? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 pm
    ----
MSNBC in London

#2: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:06 am
    ----
Took a few taxis around Newcastle and never understood a word. Between the Geordie accent (which was comprehensible and charming in a female business associate), lack of a full set of teeth among them, and I suspect a pint or two, I got nothing. Might as well have been in Magyar. Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am
    ----
Yer all a buncha demm illiterates!
Iss youse wot dinna speak proper nae more.

#4: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am
    ----
y'all stop complainin ya teched in the haid tree rat afore someone sticks ya in a poke and ya end up next to a coupla aigs

#5: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:13 am
    ----
shades, translate please?

Huh?

#6: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm
    ----
Hey!
He's not a Brit!
Sounded Swedish to me.
Anyway, basically he said he's going to busk for a few minutes using some mobile (cell) phones.
I have no idea what the lyrics were about but I think we can guess;

Boy accidentally bumps into girl on a tram in Stockholm and asks her out.
Girl says she can't because she has to wash her cat.
Boy gets mad and throws girl under bus as they get off, at the shop that sells those nice little pink-iced, uniquely Swedish, doughnuts.
Boy goes home to feed his dog as he hates cats anyway.

[repeat chorus]

#7: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:48 pm
    ----
Translation - Quit complaining you crazy sqwerrel before you end up in the cooking pot and wind up on the plate for dinner with a couple eggs.

By the way, I'm back with you all. And my lie detecting robot is better than ever, and he's just waiting for that crazy tree rat to say something, any thing!!!

#8: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:03 am
    ----
Translation - Quit complaining you crazy sqwerrel before you end up in the cooking pot and wind up on the plate for dinner with a couple eggs.

By the way, I'm back with you all. And my lie detecting robot is better than ever, and he's just waiting for that crazy tree rat to say something, any thing!!!

#9: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 am
    ----
I say we lock the skwirrel in a room and pummel him with Neil Diamond pop hits until he begs for mercy. Then, we increase the volume.

#10: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 am
    ----
We should use Zamphir's greatest hits instead.

#11: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm
    ----
- piney
We should use Zamphir's greatest hits instead.

No, no, no....the whole point is to use something that he wouldn't enjoy. Wink

#12: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm
    ----
I like Neil Diamond!

#13: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:05 am
    ----
Shade likes neil diamond lol!

#14: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 am
    ----
- Shades
I like Neil Diamond!

Neil Diamond, America's Noel Harrison....

This one goes out to the skwirrel...

Razz

#15: Re: do the Brits speak English? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 am
    ----
I know a good Klingon Opera that if played backwards will do the trick.

-> Officer's Club