spam trouble
-> Officer's Club

#1: spam trouble Author: sven_c PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 pm
    ----
hi everyone,

The UP website, ultrapack.il2war.com , is under attack by spammers. We are trying to think of a way to rid these spammers off our forums before they put more. Any suggestions is welcome. The topic about this is ultrapack.il2war.com/i...825.0.html

Please help!!!

sven

#2: Re: spam trouble Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 pm
    ----
There were several good suggestions posted there already, and our admins here may some others. One that leaps to mind that I did not see is making moderator tools available to more than one person, so review and deletions (or PM's about spam) can be caught sooner and acted upon. Obviously, you have to choose carefully who those tools are provided to.

I can tell you from experience on a couple of other forums that a single moderator hasn't got a chance against a major spam offensive, unless it's their full-time job, which it seldom is.

#3: Re: spam trouble Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 am
    ----
Make the registration process tougher and keep changing the format?

#4: Re: spam trouble Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 am
    ----
Make the registration process tougher and keep changing the format?

#5: Re: spam trouble Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:21 am
    ----
ban Tree Rats

#6: Re: spam trouble Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm
    ----
Double post due forum freezing.......

#7: Re: spam trouble Author: sven_c PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 pm
    ----
how can you stop smarter spammers. they will do anything to post their trash

-> Officer's Club