Dresden Museum
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Dresden Museum Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:44 pm
    ----
On Oktober 13 the Dresden Museum will have an open day
The Museum itself is not that good ,but what is very interesting is ,that the Vehicle storages will also be open
www.albertstadt.sachse...milit.html
( german only )

Walter

#2: Re: Dresden Museum Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:32 am
    ----
If someone will be there I'm looking for good photos of:

SU-85 based ARV
ISU-152 based ARV
ZSU-57-2
Luna rocket launcher
M56 Scorpion converted into a driver's training vehicle

Thanks

Rafał

#3: Re: Dresden Museum Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 pm
    ----
I would be very interested in any pictures, or just an info update, on this - which is supposed to be at the Dresden Military History Museum:
www.hartziel.de/index....nnover.htm

Neil

#4: Re: Dresden Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 pm
    ----
Somewhere they should also have the Lancia 1Z and Citroen armoured cars recovered from Afghanistan. The Citroen is a unique piece worldwide, the Lancia is one of only two (the other is in Trieste)

Massimo

#5: Re: Dresden Museum Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 am
    ----
I would be very interested in tank registration-, serialnumbers, tactical nrs etc. Below is what I know about tanks in the Dresden museum. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to go.

Chieftain mk. GBR
Comet mk. GBR
IS-2 m1944 SUN in museum or town?
Leopard 1 DEU 0-serie hull with one of the six prototype ,II arbeitsgruppe B turrets
Leopard 1A1A2 DEU
Leopard 1A4 DEU
M 47 DEU
M 48 DEU std, depot
M 48 DEU std, depot
M 48 DEU
PzKpfw IV ausf.H/J DEU, former Saumur (FRA)
T-34/85
T-34/85 std, depot
T-34/85 std, depot
T-34/85
T-54 DDR
T-55 DDR
T-55AM2 DDR std, depot
T-55AM2 DDR
T-72 DDR std, depot
T-72M DDR

#6: Re: Dresden Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 pm
    ----
this is what I have for the Dresden Panzer IV :

PzKpfw. IV Ausf. H ; Fahrgestell Number 86416 from Krupp AG/Essen. The restoration was stopped some years ago and it's not planned to continue yet (source : Falk Springer). The Dresden Panzer IV came from Saumur, which obtained it from one of “Etablissement Technique de Bourges” fire ranges. The gun tube was minus the muzzle break and disconnected from the turret (source : Rudi Schoeters)

#7: Re: Dresden Museum Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:15 pm
    ----
Hi all

I've been at the Dresden museum this summer, also on a open day.
Sadly have to say, BIG disappointment Crying or Very sad . The museum isn't bad, just to modern for my taste. Armour is almost non existent, only a few pieces around the main building:
Leopard 2A4
M109
BRDM2
BMP2
M113
Gepard 2x
T72M
Leopard 1A4
ZSU23/4
BTR60PB
BTR50PK
LUCHS 2
Marder A3
Wiesel
Pzh 2000

Inside only one vehicle:
Universal Carrier

And only one of the storage areas was open to the public
Pictures of this all:
community.webshots.com...4724TTIVzw

There is a lot more in storage there, I took the liberty to look true the windows. Sadly it was to dark inside to see what's in there.

For me it was a disappointing day, seems they are going on the Belgian way; big collection, nothing visible.

Michel

#8: Re: Dresden Museum Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
I would be very interested in tank registration-, serialnumbers, tactical nrs etc.

Lesley
All the serials I found are on the webshots pictureabum , however most of the vehicles on your list weren't there.

- Massimo_Foti
Somewhere they should also have the Lancia 1Z and Citroen armoured cars recovered from Afghanistan

Massimo
The same here, no sign of them.

Michel

#9: Re: Dresden Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 pm
    ----
- Tichenor

Massimo
The same here, no sign of them.

Thanks anyway

Massimo

#10: Re: Dresden Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes it would not be funny to do what we do if everything was easily accessible.

That's what made my trip in Italy so fun and extraordinary, I never knew if I could see what I wanted to see there.

Every tank walkaround was a little victory against fate.

P-O

#11: Re: Dresden Museum Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 am
    ----
- Tichenor
seems they are going on the Belgian way; big collection, nothing visible.

Michel

But in Belgian way we have at lest photos of the vehicles

In Dresden way - we still don't have any photos of vehicles in storage Sad

#12: Re: Dresden Museum Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 pm
    ----
The Belgian way is like the Danish way. Keep everything locked up and away from public, let it rot in the stores somewhere.

its a damm shame.

#13: Re: Dresden Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:35 pm
    ----
well, don't forget where we are, and when.

When you know that, for example in Italy, there is not enough public money to save some buildings in Pompei and when you see them falling apart, you may think that there will be no money for WW2 tanks.

In people's mind, even a combat-veteran Sherman will have less historical value than a historical city preserved for hundreds of decades and that needs some care and restoration. I don't think that there will be huge efforts soon in Western countries to preserve more WW2 or post-WW2 artifacts, it becomes too expensive for States that are highly in debt.

P-O

#14: Re: Dresden Museum Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 am
    ----
Where there is a will there are the results:

Arenalen Museum (Sweden)
Muzeum Broni Pancernej (Polnad)
Lesany Tank Museum (Czech Republic)
Pivka Military Park (Slovenia)
Bovington Tank Museum (UK)
Vadim Zadorozhny Museum (Russia)
Victory Park at Poklonnaya Gora (Russia)

Lack of money is not a excuse / explanation.

#15: Re: Dresden Museum Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 am
    ----
Bov's got a lot of stuff rotting away outside, that they'll never do anything with & items in internal storage that there are no photos of, Cambridge Carrier for example (& their Oxford Carrier appears to be stored with its hatches open, so the dust can get everywhere.

-> AFV News Discussion Board