Preserved Tanks in Canada
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 am
    ----
Trevor,
I'm afraid that is another Mr. Clark- he is a very talented photographer who got some great shots when the base was "in transition". (To avoid paying taxes, the base commander had a number of the old WWII barracks and hangars knocked down with the result that a number of vehicles that had finally moved under cover within the last few years were now outside again. The cutaway ex DDR T55 probably suffered most...

The new building opened the next year and things were once again uner cover.)
Bruce

#32: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:36 am
    ----
Trevor

The Leopard C-2 photo is a German Leo 1A4 that if my memory suites me was sent to Canada only for testing. I found some photos of the DDR T-72 when it arrived and the T-34/85 as well, if you would like a copy send me a pm.

Cheers

Anthony

#33: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 pm
    ----
I have returned to working on Preserved Tanks in Canada:

Preserved Tanks in Canada

- the current tally is 6 location and 37 tanks, so I'll be working to improve that. I'm starting with Oshawa.

- BruceClark
Nice work Trevor!
And nice links to photos. Happened to be on Base last weekend and noticed that a number of things had changed in the 4 months since I was there last.

That Ram 1 has been moved from Worthington Park- hopefully inside but the museum was closed so unable to confirm. The M48/60 that was by the tennis courts has also been relocated to the corner of Dieppe and Alamein.

Thanks Bruce - entries updated:

Location ID 8000: Canadian Forces Base, Borden

#34: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:45 pm
    ----
- BruceClark
Trevor,
I'm afraid that is another Mr. Clark- he is a very talented photographer who got some great shots when the base was "in transition". (To avoid paying taxes, the base commander had a number of the old WWII barracks and hangars knocked down with the result that a number of vehicles that had finally moved under cover within the last few years were now outside again. The cutaway ex DDR T55 probably suffered most...

The new building opened the next year and things were once again uner cover.)
Bruce

If I'm not mistaken that's the cutaway training vehicle? I believe you sent me some pictures of that in better days quite a few years ago, which I still have. Presumably, you have those residing on your hard drive as well. It looked great back then, pity it being subjected to "hard times".

#35: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:22 am
    ----
First tanks added, in the external display area:

Unique ID 2435: M551 Sheridan, Oshawa

#36: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 am
    ----
(I'm having to split one photo per post otherwise the pictures don't show.)

Unique ID 2448: M4A2 (76) HVSS, Oshawa

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/American/1364-M4A2%20%2876%29%20HVSS%20Sherman/P1030201_M4A2-76_Oshawa_TLarkum_c.jpg[/img]

(this one won't show anyway, probably becasue of the brackets in the URL - so you'll need to click on the link to see the pictures)

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

#37: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 am
    ----
Unique ID 2449: Centurion, Oshawa

#38: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:30 pm
    ----
Next, the external storage area:

Unique ID 2450: M60A3 2918A, Oshawa

#39: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:30 pm
    ----
Unique ID 2451: M60A3 2922A, Oshawa

#40: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm
    ----
Unique ID 2452: Centurion, Oshawa

Next I'll add the photos Bruce sent me last year.

#41: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm
    ----
Bruce, your photos are now added. You can access them through your contributor page:

Contributor ID 146: Bruce Clark

- let me know if you want to add any photos, information or other text.

Clicking on either of the links at the bottom will take you here:

Oshawa Museum - Bruce Clark photos only

#42: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 pm
    ----
I have added historical pictures of the vehicles from the museum itself (many of which are on Wikimedia), and added two more vehicles on loan from private collectors. I've also added information on the vehicles's trips out (e.g. their use in movies) from the regiment's newsletters. Finally I've added photos from Alf Adams' collection.

Alf, you can check on my use of your photos as usual via the links at the bottom of your contibutor page:

Contributor ID 98: Alf Adams

Oshawa Museum - Alf Adams photos only

The bottom line is I believe Oshawa is now fully covered, and invite any corrections or omissions:

Location ID 8200: Ontario Regiment RCAC Regimental Museum, Oshawa, Ontario

#43: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:12 pm
    ----
Nice work Trevor!
Thanks for adding that info- looks good.

Bruce

#44: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 pm
    ----
Hi Trevor, thanks for the note. I'm glad to see that some of my photos are of use to your project. Your work is much appreciated. I'm sure that I am not the only one who sees your site as an extremely valuable research and reference tool. I often find myself checking with it for info on specific AFVs, especially when traveling. As always please feel free to use any of the AFV photos on my Photobucket account. I continue to add to the account as time permits. Photobucket seems to have recently increased the amount of free storage offered, so I am going through more photos and adding to it.

Alf

#45: Re: Preserved Tanks in Canada Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 am
    ----
Thanks guys, your kind words are appreciated.

Meanwhile I'm pressing on:

Location ID 8250: LCol George Taylor Denison III Armoury, Toronto

-> AFV News Discussion Board