Photobucket problems?
-> Software

#1: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:39 pm
    ----
For weeks now, I've been experiencing EXTREMELY long load times for Photobucket when doing anything other than accessing the main page. Logging in, uploading, getting to your album after an upload are taking forever and often just fail. I've used IE, Firefox and Google Chrome and it makes no difference.

"Loadsin" shows about 12 seconds to access the main page. All the issues are after accessing the main page. Frankly, I'm finding it to be essentially unusable. Any ideas as to what's going on?

#2: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 pm
    ----
Just checked Photobucket with uploading 10 pics araund 1 MB each, no problems. But I noted that the "uploading finished (100% bar)" never appeared. All pics were in my album despite the missing 100%...

#3: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:02 pm
    ----
- Snorre
Just checked Photobucket with uploading 10 pics araund 1 MB each, no problems. But I noted that the "uploading finished (100% bar)" never appeared. All pics were in my album despite the missing 100%...

I've been seeing that too, the pic loading bar stopping at 91-94%, but when I come back later, the pic is in my album (if I can log on before I fall asleep).

#4: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 pm
    ----
Same.
Someone must have expressed a purchase interest.
Always happens just before a site gets sold off.

Hmmmm.... Bushy?

#5: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 am
    ----
You mean from lack of maintenance?

My linked photos seem to work, but getting into my account and/or doing anything with it has come to almost pointless because it's being so pokey.

I think I need an alternative...

#6: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 pm
    ----
There's not much alternative.
Be interested if you find one.
I joined Photobuscket because they were miles better than their competition, back in the day.
A couple of months ago, they suddenly got really bad.
I have an idea why, but it's irrelevant to the result.
I get the same as you.
Links work, but gettig them or adding more is nigh impossible.
Btw, I can't see yr avatar.
Not sure if it's a simlar issue.....

#7: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:18 pm
    ----
this is a good alternative to photobucket

fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2

and it's free

#8: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 pm
    ----
I will certainly try that, thanks Fled!

#9: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm
    ----
Really a drag, I've gotten good service for many years from the 'Bucket. Last few weeks have made it untenable to continue.

Thanks for the link, Fled.

#10: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 pm
    ----
Strange - it continues to work OK for me, yes it's not as fast as "back in the day" but it's only a teeny weeny bit pokey and not enough for me to give it much concern or quit. I see it as being related to the advertising they've added. Many days way back when, they were lean and mean.

Oddly I am also not having any serious speed issues here at Com-Central - again, I get a bit of a pause once in a while but nothing bad as you guys.

Could there be a common root cause?

#11: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:14 pm
    ----
MY wife plays Pogo for the games. Her computer was very slow and it had had 4 trojans and since it was cleaned runs faster but have other problems. I can get java installed, but pogo will not start a game just sets there and does nothing. I have uninstalled java and reinstalled but pogo still does not work pogo is a subscription and it comes ok just wont play, java is required for pogo to play. any help?
Rudder

#12: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm
    ----
This message was on their customer support page on the 15th but now it's gone.

- Danny @ Photobucket
Upload Failures 9-15-2012

Hello Photobucket users!

We are aware of the upload issues that are causing your uploads to fail, and displaying the "an error has occurred" message. Our engineers are currently looking into this.

Your photos and accounts are fine, and we are doing everything we can to get the uploads back up and working again.

We thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved. I apologize for anyone that has been unable to upload over the last few hours.

I will post another update when I have more information on when this will be/is resolved.

Thank you.

Maybe the problem is fixed?

Wheels

#13: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 pm
    ----
Okay, I think I may have this figured out.
My 'Allowed sites' list appears to have been wiped out by a recent IE (Bushy's favourite) update.
I think this means that every site was being checked by my Norton security software (Bushy's favourite) everytime I visited a different site (cookies, etc).
I am hoping this may also be the answer to why some sites (C-C among them) have been slower than others of late.
Will check and advise.

To check yours:-
IE: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites.
Type the name of the site you wish to Allow (or block) in the "Address of website" field and hit Okay (if you wish to do so and are happy with the risk of doing so for each site).
No skwirrells can accept responsibility for anybody else taking such actions.

#14: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
This message was on their customer support page on the 15th but now it's gone.

- Danny @ Photobucket
Upload Failures 9-15-2012

Hello Photobucket users!

We are aware of the upload issues that are causing your uploads to fail, and displaying the "an error has occurred" message. Our engineers are currently looking into this.

Your photos and accounts are fine, and we are doing everything we can to get the uploads back up and working again.

We thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved. I apologize for anyone that has been unable to upload over the last few hours.

I will post another update when I have more information on when this will be/is resolved.

Thank you.

Maybe the problem is fixed?

Wheels

I just tried it, and for the first time in weeks, it sailed through login and upload.

A few days ago, maybe a week, I'd been prompted to fill out a survey from them, which I did. Apart from rating various aspects 1-10, it had an open text "comments" section, which I filled out noting my concerns.

I suspect a lot of users were having issues (a google search for "Photobucket problems" seemed to confirm this) and they did some investigating. Might have been seeing a traffic dip and some closed accounts as well, in addition to tech service logs.

I really hope it stays fixed...the ol' sau hates changing his routine.

#15: Re: Photobucket problems? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:07 pm
    ----
Speeds increased.
I still have another problem of being continually logged out of EVERY site I have to use a log in for (except my ISP, weirdly).
I think this may be something to do with Norton.
Will advise.

-> Software