50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012
-> Rise of Flight

#1: 50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012 Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 pm
    ----
If you are still on the fence trying to decide then now just might be the right time to get that next plane for your hangar.

- 777 Studios - Jason @ SimHQ
Source: simhq.com/forum/ubbthr...ost3648584

Pilots,

We have just launched one of our popular 50% Off Sales on everything in the store, except the most recent releases and pre-orders. Now is the time to stock your hangar for the Autumn. Next sale opportunity is not till later in the Holiday season.

riseofflight.com/en/store

Remember, buying items in the store helps fuel the team for more planes and features in the future!

We hope you enjoy!

The ROF Team

Wheels

#2: Re: 50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:59 am
    ----
Oooh! Hey thanks!!!!!!

I had bought one plane, the Halberstadt C.II, and said I wasn't gonna do any more for a while but I've been jonesing for an Eindecker and also a Fokker D.VIIF (faster than the regular D.VII) and maybe even a D.VIII....dangit!

Thanks again for the notice!

#3: Re: 50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012 Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:43 am
    ----
YW Stoopy.
Since I knew we had a few RoF players I didn't want them to miss out on the opportunity to stock their hangars at the lower prices.

Have fun with your new toys. Smile

Wheels

#4: Re: 50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:14 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu

Have fun with your new toys. Smile

Wheels

Oh most definitely I am... Thanks to your tip I was able to score some great additions for cheap, rounds out the hangar quite nicely now!

Got me a Fokker E.III for some of the early-war servers, so now I can go punish some Airco DH.2's and Nieuport 11's. At the sale price of $2.99 and with a 9-cylinder Oberursel radial engine, that comes out to only 33 cents per cylinder!

The Pfalz D.III that comes with the Iron Cross edition of the game is so good that I wanted to get the Pfalz D.XII. It does not disappoint...not terribly agile but extremely stable and great visibility with the thin wing placed right at eye level. This is going to be a good one for ground attack and troop support. At the sale price, it comes out to only 75 cents per wing, if I can count the left and right halves of the top wing separately....

The game gives you the Fo9kker D.VII which I would like to make my main bird, but the "F" variant is much improved with a powerhouse BMW engine and "Altitude throttle" which I believe they mean two-stage supercharger...it gets up to altitude tout suite for that all-important positioning between the prey and the sun. Very stable as well which is nice in diving attacks, could not get it to misbehave in slow-speed tight turns, and I think this is gonna be the FW-190 of the bunch (meaning I aim to tear things up big-time with it)...

And finally as far as fighters go, it doesn't hurt to have something exotic in your back pocket when you need it, so I thought I'd try my hand at being a "razor" driver and got the Fokker D.VIII. All the good stuff of the Dr.I - radial engine, heavy firepower, light, fast, highly maneuverable, and none of the bad stuff - no twitchiness, queer roll behavior or yawing back and forth on the target. Suuuweeeeeeeet!!!!!!

All that for like twelve bucks. Fantastic quality stuff too. So I got one more bird and decided to go big or go home....snagged the Gotha G.V and it's a whole lotta bird for the money...scratch that, it's a friggin' behemoth, I'm gonna say the sale price of $5.99 works out to twelve cents per acre of fabric covering. A real hoot to learn how to fly as well. It has a flight envelope thinner than a politician's conscience, and when it stalls - which it will every time you forget to keep the chin of the front gunner below the line of the horizon at any time during climbout - the huge outboard wingtips are the first things to let go, so she just starts rolling over on ya and if you have enough altitude to get some speed up and boot in full rudder to get the stalled wingtip flying again you stand a chance of pulling it out. There's so much adverse yaw created by the drag of the ailerons, on takeoff and landing rollout you have to feed opposite aileron to act as rudder input to keep her going straight. Once I learn how to work the highly scientifically advanced bombsight in this thing, there's gonna be some hell to pay. Or maybe I'll go find some Handley-Page O/400's and get into a bomber dogfight with 'em...

The thing is so huge, you can hardly fit it into one screenshot!

And yes on the ninth attempt I was able to actually take off, make a couple of circuits around the aerodrome without tip-stalling, line up on a decent landing approach and actually set the thing back down successfully. Once you think about it in terms of docking a Spanish Galleon against a half-sunken pier in the middle of a hurricane, it actually isn't too hard. I'm LOVING this thing. Mr. Green

THIS IS ENOUGH, NO MORE PLANES FOR ME!!!!!!

#5: Re: 50% off Sale - Sept. 21-28, 2012 Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 am
    ----
Cool screenshots Stoopy. Smile

Wheels

-> Rise of Flight