IL2 Mods and the people that make them
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:44 pm
    ----
This is for all you flyers that enjoy the IL2 sim. There is a lot of talk on the UP web site that IL2 is dying. It will only die if we let it. I know there are IL2 flyers that have the ability to fix bugs and creat mods. Since May ther has been no visible support for bug fixes or new mods. The Up people have said that they will not make IL2 work with 4.11.1 or let alone 4.12. There are a lot of flyers that think that the MSD mods and all that goes with that mod has made IL2 a brand new game. My squad is one of those people. I hope there are some flyers that have the smarts to do this will step up and keep the sim going. I just wish I was able to help. It will take many good software people to do this. I heard something about the codes being avalible what ever that means.

#2: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:22 pm
    ----
I've seen this happen with CFS before and think someone will step up and take it over. It's my belief that someone in the community can help and if it's any consolation, I'll volunteer some time to the project. Wink

#3: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:41 pm
    ----
Bush
You are the greatest, If there is anything I can do count on me.
Rudder

#4: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:39 am
    ----
Granted the UP mods may be dieing but IL-2 is far from seeing the graveyard.

• Team Daidalos is still actively engaged in updating the sim with Official patches with no hint of stopping anytime soon.

• The HSFX mods team have committed to keeping their mod pack current with the Daidalos Team updates.

• Another team just came out with a 2048 x 2048 skin mod.

• Asura is updating DGen to be compatible with Mods and the Official game. Asura is also making parts of it community editable so that it will be more flexible in the future.
This is just a short list of the new developments that I have seen in the last few months. To me that shows IL-2 is far from being dead.

I also just updated the "4.12 Development Updates" thread with a couple of new videos.
Update, September 29nd, 2012: www.com-central.net/in...538#111538

Wheels

#5: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm
    ----
I think I miss lead you I agree IL2 is not dead the UP3.0RC4 is the one that is dead. The moddlers that have created the mods have taken a leave of absence. The bugs have not been addressed and they have quit working on this Vs. in IL2. The MDS is a fantastic mod latest Vs. Zuti 1.2. Zuti created this mod and it has changed IL2 to a whole new game. With all the mods the MDS has changed the way you play the game. There are so many things in this mod I don't have enough space to list them all.
Rudder

#6: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 pm
    ----
Peoples priorities change and new games are found by talented coders who prefer to mod them instead, especially when mods are easier to make because the games are set up for mods from the start.

When All Aircraft Arcade died in 2010 there was despair in the community that no one else would do any modding for IL-2 but more than one team sprang up to fill that void. I suspect that will happen when it is known for certain by the community that the UP mods team is truly finished.

Wheels

#7: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 am
    ----
I sure hope so
Rudder

#8: Re: IL2 Mods and the people that make them Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 pm
    ----
-S-

Start a site for IL-2 lovers..I will join, love the game.

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters