The Patton Museum needs help
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The Patton Museum needs help Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 am
    ----
The Patton Museum is currently rebuilding the interior exhibits. Some of the larger pieces will be incorporated into life-size dioramas. The museum needs information on one in particular, an M7B1 that is to be portrayed in the Korean War being evacuated from Hungnam harbor. Since the former museum library is now in boxes at Fort Benning, and have exhausted searches on the Internet, we are in need of photographs or other information that shows the bumper numbers, national markings, etc. for an M7B1 from that period. Information on the 58th Armored Artillery battalion, an African-American unit in particular would be great, but any M7B1 unit would be welcome. I'm hoping someone here may have the correct references in their personal library or could point out a source.

Thanks,
Garry

#2: Re: The Patton Museum needs help Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 pm
    ----
Probably not much help.....
www.flickr.com/photos/...018307995/

#3: Re: The Patton Museum needs help Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm
    ----
999th Armored Field Arty bumper numbers:
www.flickr.com/photos/...071474932/

#4: Re: The Patton Museum needs help Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm
    ----
Thanks. I'll pass these on to the director.

Garry

#5: Re: The Patton Museum needs help Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm
    ----
Hi Folks! Hi Garry!

Checked my collection, I have a couple of shots from Korean, but nothing showing bumper markings. Sorry Garry, good luck with the project.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board