Sea Girt NJ
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sea Girt NJ Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm
    ----
The California State Military Museum just posted the following on facebook:

"The museum has received a request from the New Jersey National Guard to provide assistance to recovery operations at the NJ National Guard Museum in the coastal town of Sea Girt, NJ. Our curator, Dan Sebby, is slated to go back east to help out."

I wonder how well the collection there fared.

Neil

#2: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm
    ----
I am not sure that civilians, so to speak, are even allowed back into Sea Girt yet. The damage to the shore communities has been massive. Some areas look like they have been nuked. Some areas were out of power for 8 days, only to lose it again this week when a smaller nor'easter hit, leaving up to a foot of snow in some areas. Gas in the area is still rationed and may be for several weeks yet. Navy seabees have been brought up from Missippi to help with cleanup. It's estimated that more than 250,000 cars have been destroyed and early estimates are putting the damages at above 30 billion dollars.
I don't want it to sound like the area is whining, because we're aren't, but I want people to understand the scale of the damage and to realize that, no matter how unfortunate it may be, that the state NG museum will probably be near the end of the list of recovery concerns and that sea water tends to be very corrosive. Sad

#3: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 am
    ----
piney,
Agreed - thanks for the local perspective.

#4: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: Deleted_User_5735 PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 am
    ----
Spammer. Status: Booted.

#5: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 am
    ----
Spammer Booted.

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm
    ----
Doug, I suspect he's just a spammer!

#7: Re: Sea Girt NJ Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Doug, I suspect he's just a spammer!

He is, already posted him in Mods forum for "immediate discharge" as of thirty minutes of that post last night. 2 of 3 posts appear word-for-word on other forums and his login and I.P. appear four times on an spam reporting site. Account will be deactivated very shortly.

-> AFV News Discussion Board