Identifying Dutch artillery
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Identifying Dutch artillery Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 pm
    ----
Who can help me with identifying these artillery pieces. The first two were probably taken in the sixties, the third in the eighties and the last one in 1983.

Pictures were taken by ''Clan''

Thanks in advance
Regards,

#2: Re: Identifying Dutch artillery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:23 pm
    ----
I feel pretty comfortable that the last one is an M110 SP gun (eight inch), essentially the same chassis as the M107 175mm (longer tube and range). Both served all over the place in Vietnam (and elsewhere) and utilized a mess o' M551 Sheridan bits. Same chassis is also the basis for the M578 Recovery Vehicle. These saw service in numerous countries with various nomenclatures.

www.flickr.com/photos/...189963106/

The top two look like 105mm's (actually, the first one looks like a bigger caliber), but don't appear to be the same type or like the US M102 105mm gun. The trails are different in those pics and the elevating mechanism doesn't look to match either, but I'm not a cannon cocker. Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Identifying Dutch artillery Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 am
    ----
First one is a 155mm M1 Howitzer, though by the time that pic was taken, it had been renumbered as M114.

Second is a 105mm M2A1, again, later numbered M101.

#4: Re: Identifying Dutch artillery Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am
    ----
Thanks!
Regards,
Lesley

-> Artillery Forum