Some artillery from MCB Camp Pendleton
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Some artillery from MCB Camp Pendleton Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 am
    ----
I was at Camp Pendleton this weekend and found a couple of pieces that I hadn't seen noted anywhere:

M2A2 105mm howitzer and Type 65 twin 37mm AA gun, both located at the corner of E St. and 19th St.:

M3A1 37mm anti-tank guns at the flagpole, 1st Marine Division HQ:

I believe that Vagabond and I have posted pics of all artillery on display on Camp Pendleton with the exception of the Japanese 15cm howitzer and stuff inside the Mech Museum. I'll see about getting the 15cm on my next visit.

#2: Re: Some artillery from MCB Camp Pendleton Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm
    ----
I'd guess that twin 37 was a VN capture, as certain areas of the country were lousy with those (especially in the highlands). They could be single or double, with or w/o carriage. Don't know why it would be that color unless it was still serving in Desert Storm or something, or it's just a "uniformity" thing for display.

#3: Re: Some artillery from MCB Camp Pendleton Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I'd guess that twin 37 was a VN capture, as certain areas of the country were lousy with those (especially in the highlands). They could be single or double, with or w/o carriage. Don't know why it would be that color unless it was still serving in Desert Storm or something, or it's just a "uniformity" thing for display.

When I post my walk around photos of it later on, I plan on posting it under the PRC section as my best guess is it's a Desert Storm trophy as the only confirmed piece from Vietnam on base is the 122mm D-74. It has been left in green while most everything else is in this weird, pukey tan color.

-> Artillery Forum