It's finally over
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#91: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Well I'm grounded with airframe problems for the time being. There I was, with the whole day off from work due to a snowstorm, and had just finished shoveling snow outside and was flying online, I had just settled in on the tail of a SPAD ready to squeeze the trigger when the sky went to a deeper shade of blue then everything went black. After power cycling and then leaving things off for a couple hours, there's still no picture, and swapping back to a previous good video card doesn't fix the problem. My monitor seems to be the culprit, the onscreen menu won't come up and it intermittently displays a picture just once if I cycle it on the "auto detect" setting.

I think that damn SPAD driver threw something out of his cockpit in desperation, that impacted the backside of my monitor and taco'd the electronics. Evil or Very Mad

Well, I've been able to play Windows "Solitaire" and "Minefield" all day without interruption, so there! Razz

#92: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 am
    ----
"I think that damn SPAD driver threw something out of his cockpit in desperation, that impacted the backside of my monitor and taco'd the electronics. "

Coulda been a Del Taco Combo, many times I've blacked out after eating one. Laughing

#93: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

Coulda been a Del Taco Combo, many times I've blacked out after eating one. Laughing

Many times we've all blacked out after you ate one!

#94: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:59 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- JG300-fr8ycat

Many times we've all blacked out after you ate one!

And I thought you guys were past out and drunk.

Guess that would explain why I was the only one awake. Mr. Green

#95: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 pm
    ----
Heya Dan - and Fr8ycat in case you've fired up RoF online lately - sorry about my recent lack of availability.

I had a sleep study done and they confirmed I have severe sleep apnea and had me get a CPAP machine pronto. So for about a week now I've been getting used to it and trying to get to bed early and make sure I have excellent "sleep hygiene". I feel a whole lot better already and pretty soon hope to be back to the state where I can stay up a little bit late-ish, but starting around 8:00 PM I start prepping for sleep just to make sure I get a good night in and am alert and ready to kick butt at work the next day (which recent events call for much of that).

See you in the air soon

#96: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:07 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Heya Dan - and Fr8ycat in case you've fired up RoF online lately - sorry about my recent lack of availability.

I had a sleep study done and they confirmed I have severe sleep apnea and had me get a CPAP machine pronto.

Serious stuff but glad to hear you're taking care of it. Haven't been on myself, have a lot on my plate at the moment but hope to get together with you guys soon. Keep us posted.

#97: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 pm
    ----
A friend of mine got a cpap machine a number of years ago and he loves it,he even has a battery powered one he takes on hunting trips.I might get on later tonight if we get home early enough.

#98: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:27 am
    ----
I wont be on tonight, unfortunately, I just got home and had dinner and am completely shot. I've been out riding my motorcycle since 7:00 AM, I took an advanced riding course today ("Lee Parks Total Control") which focuses heavily on cornering technique etc....then we did some suspension setup stuff after class and I just got home as it turned dark and dinner was ready. I's tired, sore and need a shower pretty bad. After being gone all day I need to go spend time with SWMBO and "service the ground crew"....glad I have more energy again from the ol' pap machine....if you get on, give 'em hell for me, Dan!

#99: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 am
    ----
OMG....he's becoming a knee dragger!

Pucks for Christmas? Laughing

#100: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm
    ----
Not with my bad knees and that tall bike.... it was just a proficiency thing for me, making sure I didn't have too many bad riding habits. Matter of fact this was the first time I scraped the peg feelers on my V-Strom..and I liked it.

#101: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:55 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
and I liked it.

HUH?! (holding horn against ear) Speak up, I can't hear ya!

#102: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:12 pm
    ----
I have to whisper because...well I don't wanna get yelled at... the point of the class was to learn how to corner more effectively using less drastic lean angles of the bike, hanging off on the inside, leaning your shoulders into the direction of the turn and looking up at the exit...if you're scraping pegs (or bike parts) you are likely not putting it all to work correctly. But....earlier in the day when we were working to find our max lean limits prior to learning the correct technique, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd overcome my fear of extreme lean angles and enjoyed scraping metal off my peg feelers... Wink

Back when I was a teen and riding my Honda 450 on the street, I low-sided twice due to sand in corners....once in a right hand turn and once in a left hand turn. Ended up with equal scratches on my helmet and symmetrical amounts of skin sanded off my forearms. So it was a big day for me to finally overcome my fear of hanging it all out again.

Anyway not to sidetrack the thread....I haven't been flying 'cause I've been focusing on getting off my duff and not sending so much time in front of the PC now that the weathers warm again, and I've put on yet another few pounds this winter...

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#103: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Back when I was a teen and riding my Honda 450 on the street, I low-sided twice due to sand in corners....once in a right hand turn and once in a left hand turn. So it was a big day for me to finally overcome my fear of hanging it all out again.

...and a valuable lesson that was. Road conditions are seldom like track conditions, and not infrequently, track conditions are not like track conditions! It's just usually more serious on two wheels.

At least you're back east, where most of the time, there's less sand, grit and rocks on the pavement than out west. Except when there is.

#104: Re: It's finally over Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

...and a valuable lesson that was. Road conditions are seldom like track conditions, and not infrequently, track conditions are not like track conditions! It's just usually more serious on two wheels.

At least you're back east, where most of the time, there's less sand, grit and rocks on the pavement than out west. Except when there is.

So very true. And true to form for early spring, there was quite a bit this weekend when I went out to enjoy and reinforce some of the newfound practices. Which confirmed the theory that much of it is best kept for the track, although proper form is a wonderful thing in and of itself and at least adds a bit of safety margin should things get a bit pear-shaped...not that they did, much. Wink

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum