Rise of Swine
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Rise of Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:59 am
    ----
It was such a great opportunity to get in the air with two fellow swines after all this time, I couldn't help but record some tracks and take a few screenshots afterwards....indeed The Swine Shall Rule the Skies Again!

Hanging out on the tarmac getting ready to takeoff...

Engaging some AI two-seaters on the New Wings Basic Training server...

Fr8ycat moves in for the kill...

...and gets First Blood!

I was struck by how familiar some of the flying habits were. Dan, I've lost count of how many times I've seen you move swiftly in for the kill in CFS3, getting right on the tail of a bogey in no time flat, and letting 'em have it with that aggressive style. It was really something to see it again!

Rise Of Swine....suitable for framing, almost. Dan, I can't say how much I enjoy flying with you, amigo!

Saus on Patrol...

And hey hey, we even made it back safe n'sound! VERY nice landing you made, Richard!

SUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

#2: Re: Rise of Swine Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:13 pm
    ----
Looks like fun. I, however, have given up on it after six hours farting with it yesterday. It downloaded fine onto my more powerful laptop, then told me I needed an update to run less than ten minutes after I extracted and started "run" (seems they can't keep a current version up for downloading). Then it demanded to know if I wanted to "repair" or "uninstall" some Windows feature that it must have changed in order to istall (with no guidance as to which to do, so I "repaired" it). Then when I tried to start, it prompted me for the third freakin' time to logon and establish password, etc. (which I'd done three times already) and advised me that my email was "invalid" (to which ROF has SENT two emails already with no problem, to advise me that someone was trying to access my account (Duh...you suppose it might have been me logging on in response to a prompt?!)

I have established on thing that it does on thing correctly and smoothly....it uninstalls. Rolling Eyes

That's it, I'm done, no game is worth that kind of hassle. I did manage to successfully apply for SS benefits....a process that, even with the government computer system, took 25 minutes so the computer time was worth it..

#3: Re: Rise of Swine Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:31 pm
    ----
Great Pics Stoopy! The one of Dan and yourself would make a nice desktop.

Was hoping you got a pic of our opponent disintegrating, think I used every bullet I had on him. Thankfully it was just practice otherwise I would have left myself defenseless against the others. LOL

Sorry to hear of your probs Ascout. I know the Demo version I had was 2-3 versions old and when I updated it, it didn't go so smoothly but it did eventually work.

#4: Re: Rise of Swine Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 am
    ----
They are great pics Stoopy and it was fun to watch that plane come apart after Fr8ycat blasted the hell out of him!!Thank you for the kind words It was a lot of fun and I look forward to fighting with you guys again real soon.Sorry about your luck Ascout,your experience sounds a lot like what I suffered through,at one point my wife came in to see who I was yelling at! At least though it runs problem free once it it's all installed

#5: Re: Rise of Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm
    ----
It is a HUGE bummer that RoF is not working for you, Ascout. It's little consolation I know, but I had the sim installed on my old system for well over a year and it never even ran - would fail to launch, with no messages, just nothing would happen. I'd try every so often to troubleshoot but nothing came of it. Turns out I didn't have enough memory - would have been nice to know, as the XP minimum requirements were very vaguely stated!

In the latest update, they have somehow pooched the sound system so after flying a while, the sound goes all garbly or drops out, only to randomly come back later. Everyone is now waiting on news for the next update. So I certainly don't mean to paint a rosy picture that all is well in RoF-land. I deal with it by turning the sim volume down and listening to instro surf music...the drums keep a pretty close beat with the machine guns....

I see a growing trend in the industry, assisted by practices within the consumer electronics areas, where we are more often than not really just a bunch of BETA testers. The latest whitewashing efforts to claim it as "Agile Development" only goes so far.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum