Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm
    ----

this is a photo of Leloup's (Falaise) Panther being transferred to a new museum that will open in Omaha Beach sector, and named Omaha Overlord Museum (the Falaise museum will be fully transferred to a bigger museum with about 40 vehicles, including SdKfz 251, Panzer IV, Panther, Shermans etc..).

More information here : http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649073

P-O

Last edited by the_shadock on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm
    ----
Where's this one from? Saumur's backlot?

#3: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Where's this one from? Saumur's backlot?

Yes, it's from the Saumur backlot. Here's a picture of it taken in the 70's:

#4: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 pm
    ----

http://www.larenaissance-lebessin.fr/2013/02/11/colleville-sur-mer-la-collection-de-l%E2%80%99omaha-overlord-museum-prend-place

I've seen the owner of the museum last Saturday, and he told me that the Panther will be displayed in the new museum (near Omaha Beach), in a diorama representing a field repair unit of the Wehrmacht.

I've edited the 1st post, since the information before editing was incorrect.

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm
    ----
Oh, it's the old Falaise museum's Panther. OK, call me thick!
Good to see it's going to get some TLC at long last!

#6: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm
    ----
well, what's satisfying is to get a recent and decent shot of that vehicle. I was looking for a picture like this one for years !!

P-O

#7: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 am
    ----
- the_shadock
well, what's satisfying is to get a recent and decent shot of that vehicle. I was looking for a picture like this one for years !!

P-O

I know what you mean. A picture with all the bits and pieces assembled, not just a completely stripped turret on a stripped hull. Smile

#8: Re: Another restoration begins (Leloup's Panther) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
I know what you mean. A picture with all the bits and pieces assembled, not just a completely stripped turret on a stripped hull. Smile

well, the next step is to see it a little bit more completed, with the roadwheels, sprockets and other items that Nicolas Leloup has gathered lately. I also would like to see it displayed in the diorama representing a field repair unit of the Wehrmacht, with the German WW2 gantry owned by Leloup. That's what is planned in the new museum.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board