Greetings from Michigan
-> AFV New Members

#1: Greetings from Michigan Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm
    ----
Hi there. I found this forum the other day and thought I should start contributing. I'm a 40 year old male from the great state of Michigan. I have a BA in history from Western Michigan University and currently work at a historic theatre. My particular interest concerning WW2 is tanks and armored vehicles. My father has spent his entire career at the former continental motors factory in Muskegon MI which was built during the war to produce Sherman tank engines. This is what initially got me interested in tanks. My Grandfather served in Patton's Third Army, which also got me interested in WW2 history as a child. My hobby is collecting 1/72 scale models of tanks, I currently have around 170 of them. My fiance very graciously tolerates my tank obsession, I could not ask for a better partner. My screen name is a reference to John Goodman's character in the film "The Big Lebowski", which has nothing to do with WW2, but is a damn funny film. Thank you all and expect to see me posting here at the forum!

#2: Re: Greetings from Michigan Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm
    ----
Welcome Walter

already read and commented on your first post. You will find a lot of kindred souls here. The members are generally great and the forums stays much more civil than many others, thanks to our great Mods. enjoy

-> AFV New Members