Musclecars, only $0.46. good forever!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Musclecars, only $0.46. good forever! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 am
    ----
www.kbtx.com/sports/he...40421.html

I'm gonna' do a big ol' smokey burnout all the way to the post office...well, first thing Monday! Twisted Evil

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Musclecars, only $0.46. gppd forever! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am
    ----
Whatever...sigh

I don't see any Cougars! Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Musclecars, only $0.46. gppd forever! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Whatever...sigh

I don't see any Cougars! Rolling Eyes

That's on account of even if it was a 427 GT-E, it was still a gussied up gentleman's Mustang, itself not even a muscle car, strictly speaking. Laughing

That said, I could probably still find space in my garage for this one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x3kMTLeukg

#4: Re: Musclecars, only $0.46. good forever! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am
    ----
LOL. I was actually on the the WCCC site yesterday. Thinking about putting the Cougar up for sale again and start doing some research but then I torture myself by going on parts sites and seeing what parts I can get to restore it.

Once again...for now...it's sitting in my garage waiting for me to act, one way or the other. Unfortunately I can't afford to restore it for the time being but dream of the day I can, if I don't sell it first. Laughing

#5: Re: Musclecars, only $0.46. good forever! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:14 pm
    ----
Man that has to be torture indeed. But as long as she's not getting any worse out there in the garage I sure wouldn't sell just yet in this economy. Unless the guy from Gas Monkey Garage comes along and offers an insane amount of cold hard cash!

And cool stamp collection eh? Although a '68 Barracuda and an Olds 442 would have rounded out the collection nicely.

#6: Re: Musclecars, only $0.46. good forever! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Man that has to be torture indeed. But as long as she's not getting any worse out there in the garage I sure wouldn't sell just yet in this economy. Unless the guy from Gas Monkey Garage comes along and offers an insane amount of cold hard cash!

And cool stamp collection eh? Although a '68 Barracuda and an Olds 442 would have rounded out the collection nicely.

Well, they have a '70 'Cuda, which likewise strains the definition of "musclecar"

The 442, though, is right in the sweet spot. Unfortunately, using classic definitions, yields too much ground to GM, which was building the same A bodies as different marks, but were essentially the same car.

Here's how I'd even out the playing field{

1. Include AMC, so put a 390 Scrambler* in there (now we have four manufacturers)

2. Chrysler gets one chassis to represent Dodge and Plymouth, say Coronet "Super Bee"/ Belveder/Satellite "Roadrunner" which is essentially all the same car.

3. Ford gets a high option Fairlane GTA or Torino w/ 428 or 429

4.& 5. GM, as a nod to organizational muscle and breadth of line, gets a GTO (as archetype of muscle car) and an LS5 or LS6 Chevelle SS (Pontiac and Chevy due to pure numbers compared to everyone else, such as Olds and Buick, which also strain the "musclecar" definition "mid-frames with minimal luxo accoutrements".

GTX's, Daytona's, 7-liter Galaxies with the 427, Chargers, Buick Gran Sports and 442's tended to be "upscale" with more comfort options for "gentlemen street pounders" and just too much stuff. Hurst Olds weren't even built by Olds originally, and Shelby's, COPO's, Nickey's, Yenko and Baldwin Motion Performance cars are likewise "outside the normal supply chain" cars, essentially what today are called "tuner cars".*

*Technically, an SC/Rambler had a little tuner help from Hurst, but was a "minimalist" car with little comfort. The AMX I disqualified because as fine as it was, it's a two seater Javelin.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum