too Cool
-> Officer's Club

#1: too Cool Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm
    ----
bugatti100p.com/

#2: Re: too Cool Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:03 am
    ----
awesome, better hide for the JG300 peeps, they'll want to ride it .................fast Twisted Evil

#3: Re: too Cool Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 am
    ----
Skwirrell-sized.

#4: Re: too Cool Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
awesome, better hide for the JG300 peeps, they'll want to ride it .................fast Twisted Evil

Too late - I am very familiar with that late 30's Bugatti air racer prototype. Smile

When I was in high school I took several drafting classes (remember drawing things by hand?) and one semester we had a special class project in technical illustrations. I did a "C" size 24 x 36 cutaway of that aircraft in oblique view, showing the (going from memory here) dual V12's, wing and fuselage structure, and the segmented driveshafts that went around both sides of the pilot to join the special reduction gearbox that transmitted power to the counter-rotating props. I did it in color and it came out great. Of course I was lucky to base it off a cutaway diagram and article that appeared in an aircraft magazine at the time. Sadly the vellum didn't survive the moving around I did in subsequent years, I only have a couple of surviving smaller illustrations of aircraft (a Cessna 320 twin and a Taylorcraft).

Interesting but ultimately sad history about that aircraft, would have been great to see it actually fly in a race.

#5: Re: too Cool Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:47 am
    ----
I wonder how that convoluted drivetrain would have stood up under the rigors of actual competition. Could have been made much simpler and lighter, but it was an early design.

-> Officer's Club