Close Call.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Close Call. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 pm
    ----
Was chased out of our house 12:30AM Sunday by the "Powerhouse Fire" thats been burning out of control here since Thursday. Saturday it was south west of us moving away towards the West when the winds changed and pushed it our way. By about 9pm the Sheriffs came through announcing a mandatory evacuation so I got my truck & car loaded with the important things and sent my Wife and dogs on their way.

I stayed behind to watch things unfold. by about 11:30pm it was on both sides and directly in front of us. Once I saw the the trees on the lake at the end of our road go up around 12:30am I got in the car and left. This afternoon they reopened the road (to residents only) and we're back in our home.

To The Firefighters! (and the Sheriffs & California Highway patrol who have to deal with residents BS)

Images 4, 5 & 6 were taken at the bottom of my street.
www.nbclosangeles.com/...17051.html

#2: Re: Close Call. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am
    ----
Glad to hear you're untouched, Richard. As a veteran of the LaCosta, Cedar and Harris/Witch Creek fires, I know how "exciting" it all can be (in Harris/Witch Creek, had to evacutate work for days, but could take in two evacuees at my home).

Always exciting to gas up and pack the cars, not knowing if and when you might use them, that you'll have someplace to go back to.

#3: Re: Close Call. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 am
    ----
Very glad you're safe. One thing we don't miss from SoCal are the fires, but they're still painful to watch on the news here.

- JG300-fr8ycat
I got my truck & car loaded with the important things and sent my Wife and dogs on their way.

OK I'll bite - exactly how were you able to fit a '68 Cougar XR7 plus that great Yamahammer dirtbike into your truck bed?

#4: Re: Close Call. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:01 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Very glad you're safe. One thing we don't miss from SoCal are the fires, but they're still painful to watch on the news here.

- JG300-fr8ycat
I got my truck & car loaded with the important things and sent my Wife and dogs on their way.

OK I'll bite - exactly how were you able to fit a '68 Cougar XR7 plus that great Yamahammer dirtbike into your truck bed?

Can never get one by ol' Stoopy. Ok...ya got me. I put the TT600 in the passenger seat of the truck loaded all the important things in the Cougar and hooked the dogs up to the front it. Kissed the wife goodbye telling her I'd be back soon to get her and took off down the street waving a "Pupperoni" out the window. Laughing

#5: Re: Close Call. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 am
    ----
Actually the Cougar and motorcycle were left behind along with my wifes car, which really sucked. I had bought front pads and rotors for my wifes car which I was getting ready to install when we noticed the fire changing dirrections. I had also taken the side case cover off the 600 the day before so a friend could helicoil the stripped bolt on the oil filter cover.

The 600 is fully insured so I'd get $3500, which would go a long way for a new bike but...it wouldn't be the one I have.

#6: Re: Close Call. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- JG300-Stoopy

- JG300-fr8ycat

Can never get one by ol' Stoopy. Ok...ya got me. I put the TT600 in the passenger seat of the truck loaded all the important things in the Cougar and hooked the dogs up to the front it. Kissed the wife goodbye telling her I'd be back soon to get her and took off down the street waving a "Pupperoni" out the window. Laughing

Well, the dogs followed you, and that's the important thing. Wink

#7: Re: Close Call. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:52 pm
    ----
Close call indeed, good to hear you and your loved ones are safe

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum