Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a gallery of photos from the Heartland Military Museum in Lexington, NE.

It’s a great museum with a number of AFVs and other vehicles on display - inside and out - also weapons and tank engine displays!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...277_C4LRdG

M2 Half-Track

#2: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 pm
    ----
M28 Weasel

#3: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 pm
    ----
M2 Half-Track #2

#4: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm
    ----
M16 GMC

#5: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm
    ----
Hellfire Missile Launcher Prototype

#6: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 pm
    ----
M60A1 Dozer

#7: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 pm
    ----
M4A1(76) HVSS

#8: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:05 am
    ----
Nice pics.

Maybe my old eyes are foolin' me, but I don't think that M60 'dozer is an A1.

...and the camo attempt is hideous, but that's just me. Laughing

Is it an artifact of photo/lighting, or are the markings on the M2 halftrack really blue-ish? Where was that scheme used (if anywhere)?

#9: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 am
    ----
VB, As always great photos, thanks much for sharing! I like the M113 Hellfire prototype, didn't know it still existed. Rick

#10: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Nice pics.

Maybe my old eyes are foolin' me, but I don't think that M60 'dozer is an A1.

...and the camo attempt is hideous, but that's just me. Laughing

Is it an artifact of photo/lighting, or are the markings on the M2 halftrack really blue-ish? Where was that scheme used (if anywhere)?

Paul, I'm with Rick on that one. It looks like a plain M60 (or M60A0, as some refer to the initial production version). The giveaway is the M48-style turret.
This one aside, you did your usual outstanding job. I loved the armored jeep photos and also the M2 with the early blue drab markings.

Last edited by Costas_TT on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

#11: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:49 pm
    ----
Indeed some interesting vehicles
Thanks for sharing !

Walter

#12: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:46 pm
    ----
Doug, The Dozer tank (horrible camo!) does have the M60A0 turret, and though I'm no color expert, didn't the Brit's and US use blue color in North Africa? I'm still amazed the M113 Hellfire is there! It's mine if they need to move it! Rick

PS: On color did anyone notice the bright yellow on APG Hetzer camo prior to moving it? All I can say is yuck, and I hope "excuse" was "we ran out of real colors!

#13: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:48 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
Doug, The Dozer tank (horrible camo!) does have the M60A0 turret, and though I'm no color expert, didn't the Brit's and US use blue color in North Africa? I'm still amazed the M113 Hellfire is there! It's mine if they need to move it! Rick

PS: On color did anyone notice the bright yellow on APG Hetzer camo prior to moving it? All I can say is yuck, and I hope "excuse" was "we ran out of real colors!

Are you referring to *gasp* THIS

#14: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 pm
    ----
Yep, you nailed it! I can't believe OSHA Yellow was used in Europe near the end of WW 2! It keeps the Hetzer from being a trip hazard!

#15: Re: Heartland Military Museum Photo Gallery Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:43 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
I'm no color expert, didn't the Brit's and US use blue color in North Africa? I'm still amazed the M113 Hellfire is there! It's mine if they need to move it!

The Brits actually used blue as part of the camo (caunter scheme). In the US Army, the use of blue drab was quite common for registration numbers. The blue drab stars were less common (yellow was the second most common color after white and was extensively used in North Africa). I have seen blue drab stars on M5 light tanks in training prior to the Normandy landings, but it still was quite a rare sight.

As for the Hellfire M113, here are two more shots from the trials:

-> AFV News Discussion Board