So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"!
-> Officer's Club

#1: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 am
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h489G9vmzw

Could put this in RC, but too much fun for that.

Now I know how those jet pilots felt in "Rodan" (1956) Shocked

#2: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:42 am
    ----
cries out for a RC rear gunner Wink

#3: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 am
    ----
Are they Kites?
Couldn't really see much apart from the forked tail.

#4: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm
    ----
- Shades
Are they Kites?
Couldn't really see much apart from the forked tail.

There's a stop-frame view at the very beginning in close up. I don't know a kite from a ki*e so you needs to advise us. Whatever it is, it's a territorial and feisty little bugger, so it could be either. Laughing

#5: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 pm
    ----
Must have little ones about to hatch, or have hatched already. Just like the #*@$!ng bluebirds in my cherry tree strafing me when I mow my lawn....

When I was doing R/C slope gliders back in So Cal, we would sometimes end up sharing the same ridge lift with hawks, who would be curious enough to mosey over and check out our planes. My buddy did get "bounced" by a hawk once, just enough to knock his plane a little bit. Quite cool!

Another time we had a VERY VERY VERY large bird with distinctive white markings on the underside of it's wings soar over us, we both firmly believe it was a California Condor. Sure would have been great to have onboard cameras back in those days....

#6: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 am
    ----
You know, a pic of the pilot next to some talon-shredded empennage would make for such a great story at the pilots lounge/O-club!

"There I was at Angels .0020, the pounding of the cylinders ta-pocketa, pocketa-pocketa and the shrill sound of the enemy's wing screaming as he dove out of the sun right onto me bum...."

#7: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: zetasj55 PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:21 am
    ----
When I was doing R/C slope gliders back in So Cal, we would sometimes end up sharing the same ridge lift with hawks, who would be curious enough to mosey over and check out our planes. My buddy did get "bounced" by a hawk once, just enough to knock his plane a little bit. Quite cool!

Last edited by zetasj55 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total

#8: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:39 am
    ----
Welcome to the site, ZeTas!

What did you fly and where at? My friends and I flew combat slope mostly using Super Cheetahs, usually on Little Mountain north of San Bernardino. This was back in the early 90's.

#9: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:14 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
My very loose acquaintance, whom I met at a bus terminus that morning, and I

FIXED!
(No charge :rs:)

Welcome ZeTas.
Wink

#10: Re: So that's what they mean by "denied airspace"! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm
    ----
I smell a rat in the woodpile

-> Officer's Club