1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm
    ----
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111194716247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

described as an original Hetzer, or at least a vehicle restored to fit an original Hetzer. Any guess?

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm
    ----
I'd have it in my garage!

#3: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 pm
    ----
This is a G-13, it has a StuK 40 gun, not a KwK 39. You can spot it since the first part of the gun barrel that's visible outside the gun shield has a conical profile. That's something that only StuK 40 guns have.

The claim that Swiss variants all have diesel is totally wrong. They all shipped with Praga gasoline engines. Later on many, but not all of them,
were updated with Saurer diesels.

The German stamps on the hull, again, means nothing, if you look inside a G-13 you see plenty of Waffenampt markings (with the typical eagle), because they were mostly assembled out of parts that were manufactured during WW II.

Some time ago a guy contacted Walter, complaining we were claiming it was a G-13 and they pretend it was an original Hetzer. They became quite aggressive after my first email, so I stopped arguing with them, I felt no need to go into a debate.
Now I understand why they did, they want to claim it's an Hetzer, because that makes the tank more valuable on the market. It could even be that they are in good faith, yet, they are wrong.

Czech experts like Francev and Kliment published books on the subject that document Hetzers and G-13s in a very clear way (see titles published by MBI and/or Schiffer). Based on that and the knowledge I gained from Swiss sources and the many G-13s I have seen, I am absolutely sure this is not an Hetzer.

Massimo

#4: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:21 pm
    ----
This is indeed the same one Massimo !

#5: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:34 pm
    ----
An amazing price. I seem to remember that the Swiss government actually gave them away!

#6: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: AFV_enthusiastLocation: Colorado, USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:52 am
    ----
Hopefully, anyone serious about purchasing this AFV will do the research prior to making an offer.

#7: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 pm
    ----
Just noticed, different rear idlers on either side, 4 & 8 - hole variants.

#8: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
The claim that Swiss variants all have diesel is totally wrong. They all shipped with Praga gasoline engines. Later on many, but not all of them, were updated with Saurer diesels.

Massimo is correct. Only about 2/3 of the 158 G-13 were converted from Petrol to Diesel engines. I've got lists where every converted tank is named with its M+ number. There are even Petrol G13 here in Swiss Museums/Collections.

#9: Re: 1945 Hetzer/G-13 for sale on Ebay Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:38 pm
    ----
- TimRoyall
An amazing price. I seem to remember that the Swiss government actually gave them away!

Yes, they were given for free (!) to Museums in the late 70ies...

-> AFV News Discussion Board