Hello from sunny Scotland
-> New Members

#1: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: MoniackLocation: Muir of Ord, Ross-shire PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 pm
    ----
Ok the subject line was a fib but you should have known that. It is actually piddling down and blowing a hoolie, it's also gone 10pm so no sun either.

Anyway back to the subject. Hello! Wink Smile

My name is Louie and I tend to use FSX and FS9 an awful lot, possibly far too much than is good for me. I am also the guy that runs the not very famous, even after ten years, Scottish VA, The MATVA Group. Rolling Eyes

I actually wandered in looking for Milton's FSX AC package being as we are in the process of adding FSX functionality to the VA. But the site looks interesting so if you don't mind too much I will pop in from time-to-time. Thanks for having me and apologies for the inane drivel. Laughing Laughing

Louie

Last edited by Moniack on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:53 am
    ----
Milton's stuff is the tops. Welcome to the forum! Welcome

#3: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:18 am
    ----
Welcome

always glad to welcome new members, great bunch here so please enjoy

#4: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 am
    ----
Hey Moniack, we have a weekly flight on Sunday in FSX that we call our Bush flights. At the moment we are flying in the UK through England, Scotland and Wales using the Orbix scenery. If you are interested, It is Sunday evening your time, around 7 pm. It is 1 PM my time and I'm in Central Standard time in the US. If I'm not mistaken, you are around 6 hours ahead of me. Our group that flys, is an international group. 2 of us regulars are from the US, one is from the Neatherlands and one is from Germany. Occasionally we have a third member that flys from the US. We welcome any and all to join us, and we us the Com-Central team speak for communications. PM me, UHU_Fledermaus (Fled), or Snorre (Gunter) for the IP and password. We also us FS Host for the Multi-player connection and we can give you the IP and Password for it as well.

#5: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 am
    ----
Welcome Moniack,
You'll find plenty of 'Pickled Pilots' here.
We have one or two other Scottish members and you can post a link to your group so they/we can check 'em out*.

*I'll save you the trouble

www.matva.org/

#6: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:33 pm
    ----
Welcome to Com-Central Moniac!!! It's always a pleasure to meet new faces with the same interests... Wink

#7: Re: Hello from sunny Scotland Author: MoniackLocation: Muir of Ord, Ross-shire PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:10 pm
    ----
Thanks for the warm welcome folks I will try to make the forum a regular stop.

Re the 'Bush flights' sounds interesting, but I've only flown online once in my long and diverse FS career. I don't have Orbx scenery either. But we're always willing to learn new things. Smile

-> New Members