Ford 3 ton light tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:08 pm
    ----
Here's the Ford 3 ton light tank on 5-10-80. Rick

#2: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 pm
    ----
My older Daughter was 4 days from 4 years old, and My Younger Daughter was 2 days old when these photos were shot! I also helped to restore this tank years later. Not very good quality, I had a 126 camera then. Rick

It's been "cropped" out of photo #2. I've added it (and porti-pots) back in so you can get an idea where the boxcar was located. Rick

Last edited by Rick_Eshleman on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:27 pm
    ----
Does anyone know where the "boxcar" near Leopold went? Let me know. Rick

#4: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:18 am
    ----
Was the boxcar one of those sent over by the French following World War II? I've run into a few of them scattered about over the years. They were sent to each of the 48 states with gifts in recognition of America's effort to free the French from German domination.

#5: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 am
    ----
Terry, Yeah I'm pretty sure that the boxcars were sent here by the French. There was (is) one at Ft Indiantown Gap, PA Military reservation. I just wonder what happened top the boxcar located at APG? Rick

#6: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:46 am
    ----
Rick Where is Leopold? What state??? I might have a list of Boxcars....The Maryland boxcar is located at the B&O Museum in Baltimore.

#7: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:38 am
    ----
Armyjunk2, The #2 photo above now shows the Leopold Rail gun. Rick

#8: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 am
    ----
"Leopold" aka "Anzio Annie"
The Krupp K5e, now at Fort Lee.

#9: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm
    ----
Ok I get it, I thought it was a city somewhere, I wasn't thinking Aberdeen. I believe its at the RR Museum.

#10: Re: Ford 3 ton light tank Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:26 pm
    ----
There is a website that shows the whereabouts of all of the remaining boxcars.

One was stored at the Weldon Springs MOANG facility for many years; I always wondered why it was there when I was in the Guard for three years post national service, but no one there could tell me anything. It had been repainted in OD by the Guard, but it has since been restored and is now on display at the State Fairgrounds in Sedalia.

The one for LA is at the old state capitol building in Baton Rouge. The one for Virginia is at the state military museum in the Virginia Beach/Newport News area. The one for IL was burnt up at a railroad yard, where it was being stored.

-> AFV News Discussion Board