Another surviving large hatch M4A2(75) in Beijing??
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Another surviving large hatch M4A2(75) in Beijing?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm
    ----
Until today, we knew a single surviving M4A2(75) in Bucarest, well, indeed only the half of it. I've noticed today that there could be another survivor in Beijing :

#2: Re: Another surviving large hatch M4A2(75) in Beijing?? Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:32 pm
    ----
Interesting place to find one. I was under the impression that the Nationalist Chinese received only M4A4s. The only users of this type that I am aware of were the USMC and the USSR. The Soviets could have given one to the ChiComs, but one might also wonder if the USMC might have tanken some to China when they were posted there right after the end of WW2. I never heard of any M4A2s serving in the Korean conflict. Gun appears to be torched off, so maybe this was intended to be scrapped?

#3: Re: Another surviving large hatch M4A2(75) in Beijing?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm
    ----
I think that it is a former USMC M4A2. Joe De Marco sent me the picture below and one that show the M4A2 maybe 10 or 15 years ago. The other picture shows that the Sherman was upgunned with a 76mm. For an unknown reason, the gun was cut. As for how it ended up in China, this may answer the question :

-> AFV News Discussion Board