Ascout's most recent object of lust...
-> Officer's Club

#1: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:54 pm
    ----
Was watching a "Godfather" marathon last night and noticed this car for the first time (the one in which Apollonia Vitelli, Michaels' luv interest in Sicilia, gets blowed up real good).

The passenger qualifies as well, but OMG!...the car!

...and no, they are not what you'd call "affordable" today.

Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Freccia d'Oro (Golden Arrow)

#2: Re: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 pm
    ----
Oh my.......... Wink ...I guess the tears are welling up in your eyes admiring the elegance and beauty .....but..eh..keep your hands on the wheel.
( BTW I miss the POTD more than these beauties Sad )

#3: Re: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:44 pm
    ----
Love the Godfather films.
Even (to some extent) #3.
Have been trying for years to decide which is the better of #1 and #2.
Bought a DVD player years ago just to watch those.
Bloody brilliant.

#4: Re: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:26 pm
    ----
- siskens

( BTW I miss the POTD more than these beauties Sad )

Ummm....about that: Seems to have been a "moron" problem, the guy who schedules the POTD simply fell behind. It's been very busy here with family visiting, 8 people and 4 dogs in the house. All is back in order now - screaming toddlers are gone, back down to 3 dogs, quiet has been restored and pictures are flowing again.

My apologies to the participants and audience members alike.

#5: Re: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am
    ----
- Shades
Love the Godfather films.
Even (to some extent) #3.
Have been trying for years to decide which is the better of #1 and #2.
Bought a DVD player years ago just to watch those.
Bloody brilliant.

Tossup, both are great. #3, not so much. One sequel too many (only redeeming quality to #3 is Sofia Coppola )

I used to think the Bugatti Atlantic was the most elegant coupe ever built, but this one changes that assessment (and by price standards, is cheap Rolling Eyes )

XK120's are very nice, but just not in the same class. I had a '63 E-type roadster (3.8L, homologation version) and it pales by comparison. I thought this was a Lancia, until I looked around the interwebz for clarification.

#6: Re: Ascout's most recent object of lust... Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 am
    ----
Don't ecxuse for the lapse in the POTD...it's as usual: women and children first... Wink ..three dogs are enough to pull the sleigh ?

-> Officer's Club