thanks Bush and Fled
-> Software

#1: thanks Bush and Fled Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:52 pm
    ----
Hey guys,,,,after our conversation this morning,,,(or in Fleds case,,evening),,,,,I went and bought that system mechanic to fix the issues that are making my puter slower than what I know it is capable of. As I had said with that new game Im playing,,Battlefield2,,,from the time I open the programn to the time I get into a game is close to 5 minutes,,,,that just isnt right at all,,my puter is better than that. well so far I have only done a few things and I am amazed with the progress, I havent even done the scan of my registry to see whats up in there yet but I am doing the virus scan right now,,(got the pro version),,,and it has already found some dirty yucky viruses that Avast did not. and I still have a long way to go...just wanted to thank you for the advice,,,I thought the services I was currently using were fine but apparently not,,,,one question though,,,,this pro version also has a firewall too,,,so I am utilizing it and have disabled my windows firewall,,,what do you think of that?,,,should I stay with windows or use this KASPERSKY,,,,as I had said,,,,the KASPERSKY anti virus found that trojan that avast did not.....
any opinions?

#2: Re: thanks Bush and Fled Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:08 pm
    ----
System mechanic is a great program thats for sure. I have never tried there anti virus or firewall. I like useing AVG7 and the firewall that comes with XP its kind of like if its not broke dont fix it LOL!! And thats wierd i usaly like to fix stuff tell its broke Mr. Green

#3: Re: thanks Bush and Fled Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:09 pm
    ----
As far as Anti-virus detection, there is never one program that'll get them all. Using a combination of two or more is the most effective way I know of to get the little 'buggers' Wink

System Mechanic has been one of my favorite Windows Utilities for quite a few years now. Those guys at IOLO really do a fine job keeping a Windows machine running smooth.

With Firewalls, the stock XP (with SP2) works fine but there are lots of others on the market that do a great job too. I say, use what you like and find easy to configure. Zone Alarm was a standard firewall used for quite a number of years by a lot of Zone players and as far as I know, is still quite popular.

-> Software