MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:47 pm
    ----
Hello all:

The 39th annual Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) Convention is coming up at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), 937 Phillips Lane, Louisville, Kentucky on June 26-28, 2014. This year, close to 200 vehicles are scheduled to be at the convention, including a full platoon of M5A1 Stuarts. Vehicles in attendance range from bicycles and Jeeps all the way up to half-tracks, tank transporters and tanks, from the First World War to modern vintage.

For those of you who haven’t been to an MVPA convention before, it’s a great opportunity to see up close a large gathering of historic military vehicles. The owners are always willing to talk to people who are interested in their vehicles, so this can be an excellent opportunity to do good walk-around and detail photography of vehicles, trailers, and artillery pieces. Additionally, there is a large vending area where you can find everything from books and technical manuals to a variety of collectibles, all mixed in with original and reproduction military vehicle parts and equipment.

Admission for walk-ins is $10/day on Friday, June 27th, and Saturday, June 28th. For more information, please visit the MVPA’s convention website at: www.mvpa.org/home/mvpa...onvention/

I hope to see you there!

Scott Taylor

#2: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:23 am
    ----
Have they changed their admission prices? I called MVPA office and they said they were charging the public the same price they would charge an MVPA member attending the convention, $35 on Thursday (3-day pass), $25 on Friday (2-day) or $10 on Saturday. I hope they have changed because Friday is the only day I can go and I didn't relish the $25 fee.

Garry

#3: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 am
    ----
Hello Garry:

You should be able to pay $10 just to go on Friday.

Cheers,

Scott

#4: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 pm
    ----
if someone meets Larry Mogge at the MVPA convention, please ask him if we could share the information regarding his Grizzly on the internet (the shop number, for example).

thanks

P-O

#5: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:49 am
    ----
I plan on attending on Saturday

Regards
Don

#6: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:58 pm
    ----
I'll be there on Friday.

#7: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:32 am
    ----
Went to Louisville KY yesterday, to pick up a few parts for my WC63 I just got.

Ran into several friends, that I have not seen in a while, That was good.

They had the M5a1 Stuart tank, I used to own outside. That was bad, I hated to sell it.

Jon Shoop was there with it. Good to see him again. They did a nice job on the restoration on it.

Midwest was not there, and Vintage did not bring any parts, but I did get the new catalogue from them.

I picked up a Ethanol safe NOS fuel pump, that they put new parts in. Got a horn button kit, a rear view mirror and mount, that mounts on the windshield. Also 2 Army Motors, one Sept / Oct 43 that covered the release of the "new" WC63, and one from 1945 that shows the WC63 on the cover.

BUT they were sold out of 34087 Olive Drab paint. So now I will have to order some.

All in all a good trip.

#8: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 pm
    ----
Here are a few pics from the show............

#9: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:11 am
    ----
Yep,

They had the M5a1 Stuart tank, I used to own outside.

Tank C used to be mine....... bummer

#10: Re: MVPA 2014 Convention in Louisville, Kentucky Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 am
    ----
I spent several hours there on Saturday. Nice to see a bunch of 'old friends' as well as made some interesting contacts.

It was nice to be around the 5 operational Stuarts when they ran around a bit.

Quite an amazing amount of work with all the restored vehicles.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board