Awesome, awesome awesome!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Awesome, awesome awesome! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 pm
    ----
This will be brief, because I'm exhausted. Spent the day at Virginia Internat'l Raceway flogging the entire SRT line (well, except the Viper, but I'm not terribly disappointed). About as much fun as you can have with all your clothes on...morning was "Meh" with the slalom and autocross stuff on a space too small for the size of the cars....BUT...the entire afternoon was hot laps on the "full" VIR course...in a Grand Cherokee SRT (fun for what it is), the SRT Challenger, Charger and the awesome surprise...the easiest car to drive fast and a total surprise...the Chrysler 300 SRT! (also, the instructor for those sessions, which I did over and over was more aggressive than the other instructor/drivers, very communicative and I had good rapport with. I drove Challengers 2 times, but learned a lot more on the 300 and from the guy (generally leading 2 cars). He also gave me a separate briefing lap which paid off immediately.

Right now, I is tired, have a blister on my ankle (from BRAKING...all cars are automatics...and we work those brakes hard) cooling down from a hot day out after a shower and there's a triple Wild Turkey in my immediate future. And yes, I have videos (they have a two camera system for view forward and the driver in small window). My session came with my Challenger, but 700 bucks will buy anyone entry and I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm sure my skills took a quantum leap (and you can explore limits more assuredly at the safety of a big track like VIR). I see a membership there in the near future (it operates as a country club, but for cars).

#2: Re: Awesome, awesome awesome! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 am
    ----
Very impressive! Heck I'm stoked just by reading about it! After watching the whole "Breaking Bad" series I think the Chrysler 300 SRT would be a perfect next car for you.

Yes time for whiskey!!!!!

#3: Re: Awesome, awesome awesome! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:35 am
    ----
Sounds like an excellent opportunity that you took full advantage of. Congrats!

#4: Re: Awesome, awesome awesome! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:35 pm
    ----
Incredibly, some 75% of the buyers eligible to participate do not do so. Shocked

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum