Telemarketer calling you at dinner time??
-> Officer's Club

#1: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:43 am
    ----
ROFLMAO...

This was forwarded by Email to me by 251st_Akira.....lol

The phone rang as we were sitting down to dinner. I
answered it and was greeted with, "Is this William
Wagenhoss?"

This didn't sound anything like my name, so I asked,
"Who is calling?"
The telemarketer said he was with The
Rubberband-Powered Freezer Company or something like
that. I asked him if he knew William personally and
why was he was calling this number. I then said, off
to the side, "Get really good pictures of the body and
all the blood."

I turned back to the phone and advised the caller that
he had called a murder scene and must stay on the line
because we had already traced this call and he would
be receiving a summons to appear at the local
courthouse to testify in this murder case.

I questioned the caller at great length as to his
name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he
worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he
prove where he had been about one hour before he made
this call. The telemarketer was getting very
concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice.

I proceeded to tell him we had located his position at
his work place and the police were entering the
building to take him into custody.
At this point, I heard the phone fall and the
scurrying of his running away.

My wife asked me as I returned to our table, why I had
tears streaming down my face and so help me, I
couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. My food
was cold, but oh-so-very enjoyable.

lol

#2: Re: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:54 am
    ----
Mr. Green

Way to go with them critters , they allways call around dinner time and if you stay polite you can shake it, when you tell 'm that you are not interrested they state you shouldn't use abusive lenguage, well you all know 'm I presume.

I'll try this approach next time when one of these pests calls, see what happens............................ Laughing

fled

#3: Re: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:31 am
    ----
I turn, well, not so much abusive, as vulgar (not personal, but with some choice words...like "I'd never subscribe to that F***ing paper.") This sometimes produces a gasp and a quick termination...and I can get on with my meal....and they have no reason to "pester" you, not having been abused personally. Attack the cause (make it counter-productive for them to be calling), not the caller.

#4: Re: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:18 pm
    ----
I have a world class time share pitch i throw at them as soon as they start...makes for some interesting convos lol.

#5: Re: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:44 pm
    ----
In my most lecherous voice I ask intently ... "What are you wearing? Is it that little red number with the bows and sequins?"

#6: Re: Telemarketer calling you at dinner time?? Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:01 pm
    ----
The last one that called me i was borred and it was the first time i had one trying to hang up on me LOL!!. I just asked him all kinds of stupid questions and was telling him all my troubles and that i was lonely and if he would be my freind. He started stutering and was saying i have to go and i just keeped talking. I guess thats the fun thing about being disabled i have more time than thay have.

-> Officer's Club