M4 Composites in US?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M4 Composites in US? Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,

According to the US AFV register, there are 9 known M4 Composites in the US. It appears to me that there may be 10. In our travels, we have seen the following 8:

Huntsville, AL - Hull at Veterans Military Museum
Yuma, AZ - Sunset Cemetery
Chiriaco Summit, CA - Patton Memorial Museum
Detroit - Fort Wayne M4(105) Composite
Trenton, TN - TNANG Armory
Abilene, TX - 12th AD Museum
Tooele, UT - Karl Smith Collection
Salt Lake City, UT - Fort Douglas Museum
(While the register lists the M4 Composite at Tooele as being restored for the Fort Douglas Museum, we saw 2 separate tanks)

We have NOT seen the M4 Composite listed as once being at Aberdeen, MD nor the one listed as belonging to Combat Vehicles in Easton, PA.

Does anyone have info on the former APG and the Easton, PA M4 Composites?

Last edited by vagabond on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: M4 Composites in US Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:56 pm
    ----
Hi Paul and Loren,
As always, thanks for sharing the various photos from around the USA.
I'm still going through my old files and photos and if I see something on the Aberdeen Composite M4 will post it. I did not know Easton, PA also had a composite. If anyone knows if it's still there, I'd like to photograph it, as the ones elsewhere are too far off. Rick

Here's a shot I copied from the Jarrett Collection in Carlisle of the T5 phase 3 Medium Tank. 7-12-38.

-> AFV News Discussion Board