Eargasm....
-> Officer's Club

#1: Eargasm.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am
    ----
The audio/video sync slips in a couple of spots, but who cares?

Brian Redman, who has more years racing Porsches than some of you have years, doing great credit to a 908 in staying with 917's at Laguna Seca. Obvious power discrepancy, compensated for by competent driving. I thought the yellow-ish 917 was going to go off a few times, but he didn't. Redman is well into his 70's, BTW, born in '37 and didn't take up serious racing until almost 30. The video is 3-4 years old.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7u9qA1jQQ

#2: Re: Eargasm.... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 pm
    ----
I couldn't do this (drive cars like this) for the same reason I had to quit riding motorcycles...

The dreaded malady: "riding/driving faster than your skills"...

There wasn't any future in it...

I wonder how it feels to crest the hill and try to brake as the car floats into the left-right combo.

#3: Re: Eargasm.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
I couldn't do this (drive cars like this) for the same reason I had to quit riding motorcycles...

The dreaded malady: "riding/driving faster than your skills"...

There wasn't any future in it...

I wonder how it feels to crest the hill and try to brake as the car floats into the left-right combo.

I can answer that...at least as regards motorcycles. The "corkscrew" is a five story drop in about 150 meters. Grip drops dramatically and the vehicle feels like it's falling out from under you (which it is). Any braking must be done before you enter, or you're just giving away traction (like anywhere else, only faster). That's the most photogenic spot in all of motorsports, except maybe the "carousel" at the Nurburgring.

One of the greatest moves in racing was Alex Zanardi's pass of Herta at the corkscrew in the '90's (before his terrible accident later wherein he lost both his legs).

youtu.be/cBthxGThBkc?t=4m35s

#4: Re: Eargasm.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm
    ----
I often wondered why Americans keep going on about Alex Zanardi.
Never seen that before.
Now I know.

Will be trying to get onto Laguna Seca in a future L.A. trip

-> Officer's Club