Museum archive project
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 pm
    ----
hello!
I normally try not to solicit stuff on here, but I would like to share this with you. Our museum id crowdfunding to upgrade our archives. What does that have to do with AFV's? Well, we have a ton of stuff in the archive that is AFV related, including a box of stuff from Cadillac Gage and a slew of slides that we think are of the XM1 PV9 being tested at Ft. Knox.
If we reach our goal, this "stuff" will get organized, cataloged, and made available for research. If we get enough money, we hope to pay an intern to start scanning and maybe some goodies will end up on here!

Pleas check out the site, if you cannot donate, please share!
www.crowdrise.com/mmth...isedetroit

Thanks
Chris

#2: Re: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:13 am
    ----
Just an idea of some of the stuff that will get cataloged if we meet our fundraising goal:

#3: Re: Museum archive project Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:59 pm
    ----
Make sure to advertise this on any Morrow Project forums.

Neil

#4: Re: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 am
    ----
Neil,
I am not familiar with this forum.

Chris

feel free to share this with anyone that may have an interest in helping.

#5: Re: Museum archive project Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:07 am
    ----
Frankly I'm not either - with any specific forum that is - but here is one
forum.juhlin.com/forum...ysprune=-1

FYI, the Morrow Project was a 1980s role playing game that featured a LOT of Cadillac Gage vehicles.

#6: Re: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:37 am
    ----
Got it!
We have more than Cadillac Gage
Here are some of the images we have scanned, with the new computers we hope to get everything scanned and cataloged.
Help us preserve this stuff correctly.

#7: Re: Museum archive project Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:09 pm
    ----
Chris, I see a reference to the XM-571 (aka: Canadair Dynatrac). I have a full hard copy brochure on that item, already scanned. If that's of interest let me know and I'll trickle it out in bits to an email if you provide one.

#8: Re: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 am
    ----
That would be cool to see. Use chris.causley @ mimths.org
If any of you are in the Detroit area, we are always looking for volunteers to help around the museum. We also welcome researchers, things in the archive are not in the best state of organization, but we are trying to fix that.

Help out here

#9: Re: Museum archive project Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:38 pm
    ----
Hey folks!
This is the last week of this fundraiser, Great News! We went over some the numbers today, and based on what we have raised so far, along with some offline donations of cash and materiel, we only need to raise $500 more to get the archive and exhibit completed!

So we are asking everyone to help us meet that goal and allow us to keep the project on track for this winter!

Naturally, we would like to raise the additional $2000 to replace the windows while we are at it, but honestly, that part of the project can be postponed if need be. Unless of course, someone wants to step up and sponsor the two windows...

Donate here!

-> AFV News Discussion Board