AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 pm
    ----
Hi All,

Continuing on with our "It's Raining Shermans" theme:

We’ve added gallery of photos of M4A3(75) SN 11605, RN 3053706 on display at AMVETS Post 89 in Columbus, OH.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...OH/n-cL5X9

#2: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm
    ----
One of my hometown Shermans Smile Can I ask, how do you get those high angle shots, with a pole or a ladder? I've seen them on Airliners.net as well and have been wondering.

#3: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 pm
    ----
We use a tall monopod for the high-angle shots.

In the early days, L would use a Panasonic Lumix GH2 with an articulated screen and a remote shutter release. That way she could compose the shot while looking up at the articulated screen.

Phase 2 has been using a Panasonic Lumix GM1 with built in Wifi. I use the monopod and hold up the camera while L composes the image on her iPad. We use the Wifi to change the camera settings and make adjustments. It is very cool.

We can then use the built in Wifi in the camera to review the images on the iPad and reshoot angles if necessary - BEFORE we leave the location.

The Wifi capabilities of the Panasonic cameras are great and have made it much easier to do the high-angle stuff. We use the same setup for air shows to shoot statics and also to photograph inside air and military museums. It takes a little longer to do the shoot, but the high-angle images are always the shots most folks prefer.

Just ask P-O.....LOL Smile

#4: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 pm
    ----
Thanks, looks like I'll be using a ladder for the moment then, as I don't quite have that capability. They make for great shots though!

e: VB, do you mind if I post links to some of my photos of this tank at its old location?

#5: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:40 pm
    ----
Please, go ahead and post links - you're more than welcome.

Cheers!

#6: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 am
    ----
- ShermanWasRight
Thanks, looks like I'll be using a ladder for the moment then, as I don't quite have that capability. They make for great shots though!

I don't have that remote set-up but I have a digital camera with a timer shutter. I made an adapter (from a broken tripod I saw in the neighbor's trash) to mount it on the end of an extendable paint roller handle. I set it up the best I can and do it over if the image is bad.

It's also useful for shooting under a tank without kneeling in mud, or to fit between a tank and a fence or wall.

KL

#7: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 pm
    ----
I use a Quikpod with remote shutter release and can recommend it:

shop.quikpod.com/produ...-pov-ultra

#8: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:36 pm
    ----
- ShermanWasRight
One of my hometown Shermans Smile Can I ask, how do you get those high angle shots, with a pole or a ladder? I've seen them on Airliners.net as well and have been wondering.

Pole camera threads on the AFV News DG:

com-central.net/index....le+cameras

com-central.net/index....le+cameras

#9: Re: AMVETS Post 89 - Columbus, OH - M4A3(75) Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:59 am
    ----
I explain my own set-up here:
www.fredmiranda.com/fo...c/1215435/

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board