Christmas Tank ID
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Christmas Tank ID Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm
    ----
Hi Gang,

While Mrs VB and I were making Christmas cookies, we sited this unusual AFV.

It appears to be a Sherman of some sort, maybe a large hatch M4A1Sugar. AFAIK, there was only one produced and it appears to no longer survive as reports indicate it may have been eaten.

What with the decreasing US military cookie budgets and holiday Bric-a-BRAC who knows what rare cookie prototypes have been lost.

The first photo is clearer (I believe this model to be the dough-to-type) as many important details appear to have been lost in the up-armoring process of baking. Photo 2 is of the finished vehicle.

I did get the SN but couldn’t find the USA RN. Maybe P-O can help me out here.

Merry Christmas to all,
The VBs (aka Paul & Loren)

#2: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:34 pm
    ----
looks like the version with a 105 grams main gun Smile

#3: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:29 am
    ----
Looks like track tension is very loose

#4: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:13 am
    ----
Presumably in a dessert camouflage scheme?!

#5: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:27 pm
    ----
I think you got the idea to make "cookie tanks" from there :

#6: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 am
    ----
Digging through the archives, we found some photos of “Cookie” from active duty in WW2.

The first is her in the markings painted after, as Tim pointed out, the dessert camouflage pattern.

#7: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 am
    ----
Next are 2 in service photos. The 2nd photo was taken in the Hurtgen forest.

#8: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:46 am
    ----
This photo was taken after “Cookie’s” first tank on tank combat.

#9: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:47 am
    ----
These final three photos are from “Cookie’s” post service days in California. Each one is a publicity shot taken from her Sci-Fi film career. Many of you will remember the films - “Attack of the Giant Penguins,” - “Return of the Oversized Stegosaurus” - and who can forget the classic, “Day of the Floating Alien Head.” I’ve attempted to track these pearls of celluloid down on DVD, but alas, no luck so far.

#10: Re: Christmas Tank ID Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:21 am
    ----
- vagabond
These final three photos are from “Cookie’s” post service days in California. Each one is a publicity shot taken from her Sci-Fi film career. Many of you will remember the films - “Attack of the Giant Penguins,” - “Return of the Oversized Stegosaurus” - and who can forget the classic, “Day of the Floating Alien Head.” I’ve attempted to track these pearls of celluloid down on DVD, but alas, no luck so far.

Many of Toho Pictures film archives were destroyed in the widespread fire that engulfed their historical reels after the Mechagodzilla battle. Others say it was those two little wenches in league with Mothra who ripped off a lot of original material.

-> AFV News Discussion Board